Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPC in '01 Rodeo

*EDIT*
    Just wanted to let you all know that I have been busy updating my CarPC system....thought you might want to take a look. You can read all about it and see all the pictures here

It looks and works 10x better. I love having the DVD capability - I can also burn cd's and copy my new music to my computer without having to remove the hard drive tray. Everything runs so much smoother - I even strayed off and installed FrodoPlayer - I like it so far..but I didn't want to run it on my older, slow machine. I also cut my cold boot times about another 15 seconds and my shut down to hibernation time in half, as well as cut the resume from hibernation time in half.

One question - my touchscreen takes a second to initialize after resuming from hibernation with my new computer - is there anything I can do about this?

Front of new case

Rear of new case

Under seat with seat pulled all the way back - unit acutally has about 4-5" clearance between the front of it and the seat...amazing

Inside the case

Hope you enjoy!

Matt

*END EDIT*

Hello all!

I've been browsing this website for awhile now, as soon as I found out about the Lilliput monitor - I found this forum from a search on Yahoo! for the Lilliput....and boy am I glad that I did. I now have a fully functional, yet not completely finished CarPC. I have been wanting to do this for some time, but wasn't sure about a few things. I was able to find great information on this website. So thanks to everyone who contributes here! Well, here goes...

You can read all about my project and see more pictures at
    my website

Here's a sample of the pictures:

http://www.sheerdark.com/carpc/DSC07774.JPG
    My SUV
    http://www.sheerdark.com/carpc/DSC07646.JPG
    front view of the Lilliput in the dash
    http://www.sheerdark.com/carpc/DSC07691.JPG
    http://www.sheerdark.com/carpc/DSC07705.JPG
    Kenwood in Glovebox
    http://www.sheerdark.com/carpc/DSC07708.JPG
    http://www.sheerdark.com/carpc/DSC07631.JPG

Computer under the passenger seat - seat pulled all the way up

It's not everything that I was hoping for - but it works for now. I only had to purchase the Lilliput, so having this setup saved me from having to go outside my budget. I am saving up now to purchase a faster computer, hopefully a VIA unit. Being a broke college student really stinks, expecially with a 9 month old daughter to take care of. So, this project will most likely stay this way for a while now. Questions or comments are welcome.

Thanks for taking a look.

*Edit* Edited for a few typo's as well as to apologize to anyone who looked at this thread and saw the dreaded red x's. I forgot that I had turned on hotlink protection in my cPanel for my website and I had to go in and set mp3car.com on my allowed list. So, sorry guys...the pictures should work now.
    2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Wow, very clean! This one will be great.. ehh, why am I so poor?
    00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
    Newest install - my quickest ever
    My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
    My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Very nice install, man! Especially the screen install, it's awesome!
      Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?

Currently : Audi A6 - no install

Second install : VW Passat '97 CarPC
      First install : '87 Audi 80 CarPC

Comment

Clean install of the LCD. Pretty much looks stock
        Zen Fat Loss

Comment

No pics
          In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(")
          Bunny's first poo
          __ U

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments! I worked really hard on getting it all inside the car and prepared, so it feels good to hear from people that think I did a worthy job. I do wish two things: I wish that the Lilliput had a flat front so that it could be mounted flush with the radio trim. I also wish that the opening in my radio trim was a tad smaller so that only the screen was visible from all angles. Oh, well, you know what they say, wish in one hand.....

Thanks again for all the kind words - it means a lot after spending so much time in my car
            2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti
              No pics
              Is anyone else still having this problem? I know that I can see the pictures - and it seems that at least 3 others could, too. Please let me know if anyone else can't see the pictures. For you, Spaghetti, I'm not sure what's causing your problem - so I suggest clicking the link to my website and trying to see the pictures there? Thanks for letting me know - perhaps I still have a linking problem with my website. It is also possible that my host went down temporarily?
              2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

There is no spoon.

I mean pics.
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

how did you make the lilliput fit the double din?

edit-pics works for me

Comment

No pics. Nein, nada, rien, nuthin'.
                    In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")
                    Bunny's first poo
                    __ U

Comment

found the problem.
                      You only added www.mp3car.com, you need to also add mp3car.com.
                      [H]4 Life
                      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                      I'm a lesbian too.
                      I am for hire!

Comment

Very nice setup!! Looks pro
                        [ MP3CarPC.com :: Digitize your in-car experience ]

* what happened to my sig and avatar :confused: *

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                          found the problem.
                          You only added www.mp3car.com, you need to also add mp3car.com.
                          Thanks! I wasn't aware of that, but it is done now....so you guys should all be able to see the pictures now. Thanks frodobaggins!
                          2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Originally posted by Luderboy
                            how did you make the lilliput fit the double din?

edit-pics works for me
                            It just happened to be almost the exact size of the opening for the factory radio. I stress the word almost, because you can still see a small bit of the gray at the top of the install - I chose to leave all the gray at the top - because the bottom was more visible.

Here's a picture of how I mounted it, if that is what you were asking about, also.

I did a bit of a ghetto job of mounting it - but it works...and no one really sees the back of it anyways.

Once again, thanks for all the compliments, everyone. It's really great to be a part of this community. I have looked at all the other projects in this subforum - and everyone seems to be doing things just a little differently, but with great results everytime. It was fun doing it...and I'm sure I'll spend the next couple of years of my life refining and updating it.

Later!
                            2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Kenwood Question

On a side note, my kenwood unit stopped displaying anything on the screen this evening - does anyone know what might be causing this?

I think the screen might have gone out on it...but it's only about a year and a half old! Either way, it's just used to carry the sound to my speakers, but it was a pretty cool little unit before the screen stopped working. I have used Kenwood head units for about the past 6 years or so and haven't had any problems until now. Anyone got any ideas?
                              2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Working...
                              X