93 Celica Convertible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Celica Convertible

Well I finally took a few pics and wrote a couple lines about my setup. The site is still in progress, let me know what you think.....

https://home.comcast.net/~ebjustin2/...tml/index.html
    My Celica Carputer Install

I have a very similar 802.11 antenna. Did you get that off ebay?
    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
    How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

It looks very good, and I think the reverse camera location is awesome(is it water proof?)
      DICE Los Angeles
      ]

Comment

Originally posted by ppgt94
        I have a very similar 802.11 antenna. Did you get that off ebay?
        Guilty....it's a great antenna, no complaints

Comment

Originally posted by yunusyu
          It looks very good, and I think the reverse camera location is awesome(is it water proof?)
          yes

Comment

site updated

https://home.comcast.net/~ebjustin2/...tml/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by EBJUSTIN

Hey,

Put some pics of the outside of your car.

peace,

Rafster
              Post # 3000

Comment

very nice I like your power solutions, might have to come up with a few similiar ones to that !
                Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Nice car I've got a black 92 Celica GT. Mine's a manual but other than that the interior looks the same. Working on mounting my screen right now but will post pics when done.

Comment

Sh&t, that's seriously nice!
                    00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                    Newest install - my quickest ever
                    My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                    My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

That's cool, my friend has a 93 Celica we are going to drop a comp into. Where did you actually mount the computer at, I was having trouble telling from the pics? We were thinking of using a laptop and havin a docking station under the front seat. How's that CD-Rom work being there?

Nice job on the install. The 5th gen is probably my favorite Celica.

Comment

Originally posted by sssssss27
                        That's cool, my friend has a 93 Celica we are going to drop a comp into. Where did you actually mount the computer at, I was having trouble telling from the pics? We were thinking of using a laptop and havin a docking station under the front seat. How's that CD-Rom work being there?

Nice job on the install. The 5th gen is probably my favorite Celica.
                        The computer is in the back of the trunk, I'm just using a bungy cord to keep it vertical. The CD ROM is under the passenger seat, this works very well it's heavy enough that it doesn't slide around and it doesn't skip very often. I like the 6th gen celica's but am perfectly happy with a 5th gen

Comment

Very Nice.

How do you power in the reverse camera. Did you plug it in to rca input and stitch with remote to bring up the camera to the screen or you found how to do it automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by shak
                            How do you power in the reverse camera. Did you plug it in to rca input and stitch with remote to bring up the camera to the screen or you found how to do it automatically?
                            I power the camera from the regulated 12V supply. The screen has two RCA inputs and I just select the RCA input when I want to select the camera. It would be slick to have it select the camera automaticlly when the car goes in reverse. Hmmm...how could I do that???

Comment

re: auto reverse/

Someone here on forum posted on how to do it automatically using cheesebox
                              (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ight=cheesebox). But the box price is $70 plus more work to get it automatically. I was hoping someone with electronic background would figure the way on how to tap in to liliput's switch button, and use the relay to change it. For now, it looks like cheesebox or manually changing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X