2000 Silverado Install Completed...56k Warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Silverado Install Completed...56k Warning

Truckputer V 2.0 is now Complete (for now anyway). Haven't decided if I'm keeping the trim bezel black or going to try and match the Graphite color of the rest of the dash. That color is pretty hard to match in vinyl/plastic dye so I may have to match it with a regular spray paint. Anyway here's some pics.

And here's what the truck itself looks like

System specs are as follows:
    Epia V8000 Motherboard w/ 512MB PC-133
    60GB Deskstar HDD
    Opus 90W P/S
    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
    Coyote Mediacar

Comments and suggestions are welcome, especially on changing the color to match. I'm undecided on that so any input is appreciated.

very clean, very sexxy
    CarPuter ProgressO meterO
    [+++++++++] 100%, 1Ghz Epia M,opus 90w, Earthmate GPS, 7 inch lilliput molded into dash, anything i forget?
    visit me on the web at
    http://gozips.uakron.edu/~cmk23/

Comment

very nice, great job!
      肚子笑痛了
      S60 Install

Comment

looks really neat...
        Download Skin For FrodoPlayer 1.0.9

Comment

I see the hdd, and the m/b, but what's the thing that's connected to the m/b?

What type of power inverter did you use?

Comment

Used an Opus 90W P/S. No inverter needed it's a DC/DC solution instead of a DC/AC solution. Best way to go, I had an inverter in my old truck, but had intermittent noise and would reboot after cranking so I bought the Opus for this build.

Comment

On a side note, I think I solved my color issue with the dash piece. I bought some Carbon Fiber cloth on ebay so if it looks good with the rest of the interior I'll cover it in that instead of repainting. Of course that may lead to me wrapping the rest of the dash trim in it...Oh well.

Comment

Nice job, grade look

Nice to here that DC-DC is best way to go
                Plan for project = 100%
                Part the project. = 100%
                Built...................= 99%
                Finish.................= 99%
                Install ...............= 99% -50%
                Ditail at 4u2n.dk
                Here

Comment

looks very nice

Comment

i like it but the paint you got is to shiney, it dont match the interior

Comment

Nice install
                      What did you do with your cassette deck?
                      How are you getting the sound into your stereo?
                      I was going to do the same but did not have a place to keep the cassette.
                      I have a Aux adapter that you have to have the cassette connected to in order for it to work.

I have the shuttle XPC and it fits in the console perfect.
                      I do not know if I did it right but I attached some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.J
                        Nice install
                        What did you do with your cassette deck?
                        How are you getting the sound into your stereo?
                        I was going to do the same but did not have a place to keep the cassette.
                        I have a Aux adapter that you have to have the cassette connected to in order for it to work.

I have the shuttle XPC and it fits in the console perfect.
                        I do not know if I did it right but I attached some pictures.
                        Answered in order:
                        • The slave Cassette deck is now sitting in a box in my workshop, I have no real use for it since all my old cassettes are pretty well wasted. I'll throw it back in with a new bezel if I ever get rid of the truck.
                        • I'm using a P.I.E. GM9-AUX connector to feed the audio into the factory headunit. This unit allows complete removal of the factory slave cassette.
                        • I don't see any pics attached.

Comment

Hey can you send me your pics to your install. They are not showing up on here and I want to do the same thing. Thanks.

Comment

Jailer
                            Constant Bitrate
                            Last Activity: 10-12-2005 09:17 AM

i wouldn't hold your breath waiting for those pics

Comment

56k warning - all those red x's are gona take time to load! ;]
                              Duct tape and a Bandana for the win, b!shes!!!

My Setup:http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73500

Cost so far: Less than a grand ;]

Comment

Working...
                              X