99 Saturn SL Install Progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Saturn SL Install Progress

Well after a weekend of playing with bondo finally came up with a indash screen for my car. Just wanted to post a few pics of the progress. I will post some more pics once I get it mounted in the car.
    Attached Files
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Here is another picture of the screen and a picture of the HP E-PC which I upgraded from a PIII 700 to a PIII 1Ghz
    Attached Files
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

that's tight!
      `
      ,,`,,
      ,,`,,
      ``,,`,,` `
      ,,`,,
      ,,`,,
      `
      `

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
        Here is another picture of the screen and a picture of the HP E-PC which I upgraded from a PIII 700 to a PIII 1Ghz
        Is it just plug and play on the processer I thought of doing the same thing to mine
        2002 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 4DR
        Aleroputer 90% done (ripped out and being rewired)
        MYMODS:
        Pioneer Head unit in a remote location, Clarion Amp, XM Satilite Radio, 2 10" Audiobahn DVC Subs wired 1 ohm in a bandpass box, Grill Mesh, Halo Guages

Comment

Originally posted by aleromaster
          Is it just plug and play on the processer I thought of doing the same thing to mine

Yeah you just plug it in, dont even have to change any jumpers. And the machine went from having problems playing divx to being able to copy mp3's and play divx at the same time. So the speed increase was awesome.
          肚子笑痛了
          S60 Install

Comment

The other thing I like about the E-PC is it takes 19 volts, so now all I have to do is build a power supply or buy a DC laptop power supply that can give me 19 volts at 3 amps.
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
              The other thing I like about the E-PC is it takes 19 volts, so now all I have to do is build a power supply or buy a DC laptop power supply that can give me 19 volts at 3 amps.
              Keep an eye on www.carnetix.com, he's designing a 19vDC output power supply/shutdown controller.
              System status: in progress

Comment

Heck that would save me some time, I was going to start designing the same thing thanks.
                肚子笑痛了
                S60 Install

Comment

jcdillin, nice job. Did you use simply Bondo? And which kind of Bondo?
                  EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Cool, another SL install! Keep us updated, I'd really like to see it go into the dash
                    I wish I could do that with mine, but it's just too big
                    00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                    Newest install - my quickest ever
                    My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                    My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Originally posted by edikp
                      jcdillin, nice job. Did you use simply Bondo? And which kind of Bondo?

Yeah it's just the standard name brand can of bondo, nothing special. Then after I got done applying the bondo and sanding the heck out of it, bondo makes this glazing putty which fills all the tiny holes and makes it really smooth.
                      肚子笑痛了
                      S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by Yuriy
                        Cool, another SL install! Keep us updated, I'd really like to see it go into the dash
                        I wish I could do that with mine, but it's just too big

Yeah I used to have a 10" screen mounted the same exact way you do, but it was just too big and living in FL I need those AC vents to give me all they have.
                        肚子笑痛了
                        S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by Yuriy
                          Keep us updated, I'd really like to see it go into the dash
                          (
                          what, mine wasnt good enough for you?

Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                          Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                          I'M DEBT FREE!!
                          I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Sorry to kill the praise but it looks like you need to get back out the sandpaper and bondo. Get your lines straight!! Maybe try using a block sander.
                            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

How big is the PC? whered you get one at?

Comment

Working...
                              X