started back on the vette install....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started back on the vette install....

finally got around to installing a box/shelf/seperator for the CPU. My plans eventually will be replace the shuttle unit with a small PC that will mount hidden under the bottom side of the shelf lid

Also heres some pics for those who wanted to see the whole car

Comment

Thats so gay... slow color too....

nice install john, now where are my t-shirts?

I got the spare dash for mine and a lilliput bezel, lets hope it looks as clean as yours.

Did you use your partition, or cut a new one for the shelf ?
      Cheers,
      Grant
      '03 Corvette Z06 - car pc soon
      '99 Eclipse GSX
      '03 Ducati Monster

Comment

dude..what the hell yo8u doing over here....BAAWWAA

Comment

The resident alien is everywhere... the limeys are back in the US, we are taking over!

The setup looks sweet man, can't wait to see it if you're at mod day this Saturday.
          Cheers,
          Grant
          '99 Eclipse GSX
          '03 Ducati Monster

Comment

can you see all the pics?...im getting alot of red X`s

FIXED

Comment

Grant come over the house one evening and we can work on yours...ive got all the tools and saws here

Comment

Man, that is a BEAUTIFUL car. Gotta love the 'vette. You've done a real nice job with it as well. Thanks for the pics.
                Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

Originally posted by carpcnoobie
                  Man, that is a BEAUTIFUL car. Gotta love the 'vette. You've done a real nice job with it as well. Thanks for the pics.

thanks...one of the most fun cars ive ever had

Comment

That is a gorgeous car... Nice install too... I can't believe you had the balls to mess with a
                    beautiful car like that!!
                    CarPuter: Dell P3-500 Laptop; D-Link WiFi; Deluo GPS; D-Link Radio; iMac DVD w/ ide2usb
                    Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Kicker KX700.5 amp; 20w center amp; Kicker L7 10" Sub
                    Display: Lilliput 7" TouchScreen
                    CarPuter Install

Comment

Originally posted by John Crowe
                      Grant come over the house one evening and we can work on yours...ive got all the tools and saws here

John, yes I can see all the pics no problem.

I'm actually have a spare dash and a lilliput bezel coming and some duramix as I want to flush mount the bezel. Once it looks decent I'll be ordering an ITX system. Last few weeks have been nuts with development/music projects but I'll be over to see you soon.

ontopic: I was going for a Alpine DVD and ipod integration setup for mp3 but after seeing johns system a couple of months back I switched to the car pc idea and started searching and found this site, I have an '03 Z06 which will get the treatment !
                      Cheers,
                      Grant
                      '99 Eclipse GSX
                      '03 Ducati Monster

Comment

love that install of the big screen. Love dat ride! The work you did on the dash is awsome. Great Job!
                        My 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Install

Comment

Nice work!

I'm looking into the laptop route for tuning/MP3/GPS my C5, but i have to admit that I'm tempted to turn back after seeing an install that clean.

Comment

i love that car! really really clean install, now lets get some pics of under the hood!
                            Current status:
                            wtf is a carputer??

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyez
                              i love that car! really really clean install, now lets get some pics of under the hood!
                              Thanks everyone!!

Under the hood it all looks stock also, other than the headers if you didnt know they belong. i went same route engine wise....stock looking, but surprising when used. Ive had some engine work done and at rear wheels pushing over 400 hp....thats around 500hp or so at crank

Comment

Working...
                              X