Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI Install. (56K watch out)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot 206 2.0 HDI Install. (56K watch out)

Hi Guys,

So it's time to show off my project, have been working on it for 5 days (and a week at the painter). Let me know what you think.

(theres no display on the screen yet, as i'm waiting for a new bios for my mobo).

Original console to the right:

Let the modification begin:

Comment

Very nice man, I'm about to do the same thing in my Z06, got the duramix and bezel at the weekend...
      Cheers,
      Grant
      '03 Corvette Z06 - car pc soon
      '99 Eclipse GSX
      '03 Ducati Monster

Comment

Hi can you give a list of stuff you used please? because this very nice install and i am jealous lol i want to do mine like that. wondering how you got it so smooth.

Comment

First i cut a frame in 16mm MDF
          then i placed it right using hot glue.
          Then i used kitty-hair (Plastic Padding, fiberglass) for stability and to get the right curves and so on.
          sanded it using 80p
          and then fine speckle (i think it's called?) (Pastic Padding PP100)
          and sanded using 160p
          and PP100 again
          sanded using 160p
          sanded using 600p
          sanded using 800p
          sanded using 1000p
          - and then the painter used spray speckle and sanded it, and painted it.

Comment

on the 10th picture. what is that? and the 12th?

Comment

10th is Kittyhair
              ang 12th is PP100

Comment

VERY Nice install! It is sexy!

Joa
                List of front-ends/usefull apps
                XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

VERY VERY NICE WORK!!! i have one question tho.. why didn't you just mold the lili bezel into the dash with that bondo stuff?(you know, so it would look like the lilli is part of the car)
                  Carputer: 2.8Ghz P4, 512 RAM, 120gb HDD, WIFI, TV tuner, CDRW/DVDROM, Slot load DVD in front.
                  Screen: Lilliput 7" touchscreen (Custom made Carbon Fiber Screen Enclosure)
                  S2000 Carputer

Comment

Very nicely done!! :-)

Do you not have a headunit to be mounted somewhere?

Comment

thanks for the kind words, guys.

I didn't integrete the screen, so that i easyly can change it if i want, or it breaks. - and i think the space around the screen would be too big if it didn't have a frame.

engram: i have a radio, it's just not mounted yet. but check out the 3rd. pic from the botom - at the bottom of my console i have made it so that the radio front would fit there, and then the rest of the radio will be in the glovebox.

Comment

Ah!! I see that now. That's cunning. Shame I can't do that with mine. It has a motorised front and other complications.

I'm planning to remove my centre vents, cut away the centre of that section (where the wheel is that controls the air flow) and mount my screen into that area. Difficult to explain but I'm hoping it will work well. ;-)

The screen I'm going to get is quite large and that's about the only place I can put it! These 206's have NO spare space in them do they!!

Comment

Very nice, it is a beautifull project.

Comment

Engram: Nope, there is NO space at all... another option is to make a new top (where the onboard computer is...) - i did that with my first screen.

Comment

Yeah, that's kinda the route I'm going to be taking. Going to the scrapyard on Friday to try and find a centre console to chop up!! I'll post the pics when it's all finally done!

Comment

Working...
                              X