Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '98 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport

Hi all!

First of all, i'd like to thank all the people on this forum, and all the software developers for their hard work to ease our lives in the car.

Finally the pc made it into the car permanently. It was in there a couple of times (2-3) but because of power issues i had to take it out. (More on this here)

I had an adventure to put this computer together mostly because of financing issues, and changes in my life, and some major issues with the lilliput, which i regreted buying, but right now I spent so much on it, it's not worth replacing... but now it got in there.

Here are the pics, let me know what you think

This is my car (for now)

More pics coming...

This is how my dash looks like, sorry for the dark pics, but it got a bit dark untill i finished I'll post some daypics lateron...

Comment

Here comes the PC. I couldn't come up with anything for a name so far...

Comment

here is the pic for my inverter, that is connected to the battery directly. Thanx for all the help guys...

My little helper on the road...

Comment

And finally some pics of the use...

Comment

Also i would like to thank my lovely ULTRASUPPORTIVE wife, for helping me achieve my goals.

Hope you guys like it, lease let me have some feedback.
            Thanx again for all you support for an enthousiastic noob
            Attila

Comment

Great Job! More pics!!!!! Espically of your wife!

I kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid I kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid !
              How in the world would you put the special AirPort card in a PC? Mine is a Mac anyway but it's too old to AirPort. I just use a zip drive to transfer.

Comment

nice

cool setup. i c ur using an inverter wired to hte battery. im gonna have to do the same thing. any probs with u turning the ignition off and the comp not shutting down porperly.?
                ..and dont back out just because u think its too crazi , i hate pussies
                -outdidya

epia m1000,256mb ddr,7"lilli,120gb hdd, Ati remote wonder,400watt inverter,350psu all under xp pro-installed

Comment

hi all

No, i don't have any problems, because eventhough i shut of the car, the inverter doesn't stop working. It is wired directly to the main battery, so i have to kill the inverter seperately. this means, that i can also have my pc on, when the car isn't.

Attila

PS: i thought you guys would have more interest in my little crapy van...

Comment

the install looks good...just a thought...would it be easier for you to mount a flip down 10.4" screen on the roof? that is if you upgrade from the lilliput...for security reasons....
                    http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/170000-170999/170063_221.jpg

Comment

Ugy latszik hogy meg van egy magyar itten!!

Nice install Nagy Attilla!!!

Laci
                      01001101010100000011001101000011011000010111001000 1000000101001001101111011000110110101101110011

Comment

igen, en csak remelni mertem volna, hogy meg valakit talalok itt, aki magyar.
                        Van meg mas valaki is?

For those who think i'm writing jiberish, it's Hungarian.

I'm hungarian, and proud of it!

Attila

Comment

Originally posted by BoyNextDoor
                          igen, en csak remelni mertem volna, hogy meg valakit talalok itt, aki magyar.
                          Van meg mas valaki is?

For those who think i'm writing jiberish, it's Hungarian.

I'm hungarian, and proud of it!

Attila
                          Aw yeah! Let's hear it for the Hungarians! Nagy is actually one of my surnames.
                          95 Chevy G20 Vroom Boom Room
                          ...with a whole bunch of nifty ****... go check it out: VanDomain Page

Comment

I met a nice Hungarian girl in France once - she was sweeeeeeeeet....
                            In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")
                            Bunny's first poo
                            __ U

Comment

That is cool Vanman... Let's see, if theres more of us...

Idon't think that i will have the finances for a fli-down. Wouldn't like the idea anyways. I'm a little concerned of security. Pls help me come up with some idea...

Thanx
                              Attila

Comment

Working...
                              X