Holden VY Commodore Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holden VY Commodore Install

Hey all just thought i would show off what ive done so far with my car computer, Ive been having issues with power supplies, finally bit the bullet and ordered an opus but the rest of the system looks dodgy so ill just show the good looking bits at the moment, anywhere theres only a few pics will update with more later.

Its Running an Epia MII10000 board currently a morex PSU which is getting RMAed, however soon ill have my opus, headunit removal will be the next thing, thinking of 2 LCDs 1 touch screen one for GPS display

Anyway injoy, will post more later
    If its not leaking something its not a Holden

Thorpie says its fully sick!... composite lcd?

Comment

*sniff* yes

the pic doesnt really do it justice it is alot more clear that what it is

Comment

Rosso is the one with the beard
        http://carpc.riposte.net
        I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

Nice job Milo. I plan on getting a GTO and was thinking about molding a touchscreen into the black trim piece right above the AC vents in the center console. I think it would be much easier to see and use in that position. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by GTPDan
            Nice job Milo. I plan on getting a GTO and was thinking about molding a touchscreen into the black trim piece right above the AC vents in the center console. I think it would be much easier to see and use in that position. What do you think?

Well on the VY thats about the only place i could do where i wasnt going to change the whole centre binnicale look, unless you remove the head unit and do a full car computer, which i wasnt game enuff to try yet then unless its not mounted in the dash thats it, I also put the screen down there and covered it in black persepex because that screen gives off a nasty glow even on low contrast and brightness, actually most LCDs will do this, and i didnt want every cop i drove by pulling me over cause theres a unhealthy glow in the car.

So if its down low with a few things in the way ( shifter etc etc ) then it can difuse some of the light, the bodgy way i had the screen installed before ( same spot just jammed in there) was way to bright and was actually a distraction when driving.

However with a touch screen yes it would be rather hard to use in the position i have but it would not be in easy task to fit a 7" screen into that spot

Comment

wait a sec

wait a sec, isnt that supposed to be

"powell makes a pow pow powerful car"??

Hilux Surf (4runner) install
              false floor in rear housing;
              4 channel amp
              600w cont. inverter.
              Also- DigitalWW 7VGA indash
              headunit for FM/AM,DVD,SVCD,CD,MP3
              P4 3.0 with low profile AGP card.
              4x4" speakers (splits) in factory locations
              BU-303 GPS

Comment

Hi Milo

I've been watchin these forums for a week now, and.. hrm, i've already brought myself a EPIA Mini ITX M10000 board.. talk about a addiction.. oh, and i've ordered a 7" lilliput touchscreen and gps as well :>

Which frontend software are you using in the pictures? frodo? or something else? i'm still new to that, as i havnt trialed many of the players available yet.

Regards,

Danny
                Car: Ford BA2 XR6 Turbo
                CarPC System 50%
                Via M-13000
                256mb DDR
                40gb HDD
                BU-303 USB GPS Reciever

Awaiting LCD w/touch

Comment

I think it's media engine. check the software forum.

Comment

hmm *ponders* if i can fit a 7" in the vy

Comment

I installed a new screen into the bommadore and yes you can fit a 7" screen in but not in that spot. i installed a 6.4" and that just fit looks nice

its a touchscreen and the computer is attached to the bottom of the seat so i can slide the seat back and forth and still not expose the computer or its cables

Comment

Looking great.

I saw this in the flesh yesterday and it's really come a long way! Much nicer install than mine will ever be.

Cheers
                        - Febs.

Comment

nice work there!
                          did you use the standard holden GPS mount there and did you have to remove the stock headunit to get it in?

Im looking at a similar setup..a friend has just put a 7" touchscreen in his magna and im just jelous to say the least

what screen are using using there..does this one have vga input

Comment

You dont "have" to remove the stock head unit but the stock unit doesnt have AUX in so makes it alittle hard to get good sound so thats why i changed the head unit

Yes it is the stock GPS shroud but i did have to modify it ALOT to get the screen in there with the touch plate

The Screen is a 6.5" Lilliput with no VGA but the quality is still REALLY nice for a Composite connection, I never have any trouble reading anything in centrafuse

The only way to put a 7" in is to put the screen where the HU is and move the HU to where the screen is. or just dont use a HU. Or if you really wanna get fancy with fibreglass put it where the HSV guage pod goes but then you would end up as cop bait

Comment

Nice job .. Go the Holdens!

I tried to use that frontend but it takes so damn long to recompile if i add new mp3s and stuff.. I got over like more than 2000 albums. It runs a little sluggish on my Epia 800 also..

The stock holden steza is crappy anyway.. I had to get a aftermarket too for inputs.
                              CAR INFO HERE
                              "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Comment

Working...
                              X