HopperHawk's Rustang take 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HopperHawk's Rustang take 2

So, alot has changed and I figured that an update is in order. I used to have a laptop hooked up under the seat until a friend of mine in the back seat kicked it then STOOD on it. It still works but made me consider a better place to put it. In my car, there is no other place without major mod. So, what I did is found a laptop 'road case'. This is a cast that a traveling scientist might use to make sure nothing happens to his (or her) machine in transit. I removed some of the internal padding, added a fan, mounted the power inverter, laptop power adapter, and as much as possible inside the case. I figured that if I was to do this, It might as well be removable. Check them out, tell me your thoughts...

Keyboard mounting location still not done, and I am still building a 'hood' enclosure to mount the lilliput
    (Keep in mind this is an old pict, alot has changed)

Thanks for looking and for comments!
    Centrafuse 3.1
    Garmin Mobile PC
    GPS, OBDII, Lilliput 629GL, Nightvision integrated video,
    Other fun stuff in works.

thats cool,

where did you get the case?
    My Install

Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Originally posted by alti
      thats cool,

where did you get the case?
      Got it from a scientist who no longer traveled and no longer needed it
      Its nice to have friends who share our intrest in experiments
      Centrafuse 3.1
      Garmin Mobile PC

Comment

Is teh case still radioactive?

You know.. travelling scientist.. "machine".. lol
        Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

BTW - nice work =) The rest of the pictures finally loaded

Edit: What is that frontend with teh Mustang logo?
          Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
            BTW - nice work =) The rest of the pictures finally loaded

Edit: What is that frontend with teh Mustang logo?
            As I said, this was old. It was when I still used Media Engine. I just modified someone elses skin witha few images I made. I am currently using the Frodomieser's take 3 with FreeDrive AND Ninja monky (Still not satisfied with FD yet) However, I am also playing with Centerfuse but it seems to be more difficult to skin. Either way, I am not done But THE CASE WAS NEVER FOR RADIOACTIVE STUFF. So no growing extra HDD or anything.
            I still dont know what the hell I am going to do for the monitor enclosure as I have never worked with bondo or anything. I am however a leathercrafter. So I think ?I will make it out of wood and then upolster it to look nice.
            Centrafuse 3.1
            Garmin Mobile PC

Comment

Originally posted by Hopperhawk
              As I said, this was old. It was when I still used Media Engine. I just modified someone elses skin witha few images I made. I am currently using the Frodomieser's take 3 with FreeDrive AND Ninja monky (Still not satisfied with FD yet) However, I am also playing with Centerfuse but it seems to be more difficult to skin. Either way, I am not done But THE CASE WAS NEVER FOR RADIOACTIVE STUFF. So no growing extra HDD or anything.
              I still dont know what the hell I am going to do for the monitor enclosure as I have never worked with bondo or anything. I am however a leathercrafter. So I think ?I will make it out of wood and then upolster it to look nice.
              Hey....nice setup. I have an 03 Mach1, would you consider sharing that skin?
              Progress: |##########| 99.99%
              - Tweaking and enjoying!!!! Never really done.....

-= MachPuter Project =-
              -= MachPuter Project Worklog=-

Comment

I only see 2 pics. Whassup

Comment

Me neither, only 2 of the pics are working...
                  VIA MII 10000 - 512MB Ram - Dual 2.5" drives, Xenarc 700TSV, Panasonic CW-8132-B, Opus 150, Audigy 2 NX, PowerMate, IOADR1610 10 Relay card

Comment

Originally posted by brizzle
                    I only see 2 pics. Whassup
                    Thanks for letting me know about the problem. Working on it now.
                    And I would be happy to share the front end just email me at [email protected]
                    Site should be up soon. Thanks all
                    Centrafuse 3.1
                    Garmin Mobile PC

Comment

Hey man very interested in seeing your setup i have a 89 fox myself and am in process of shopping for the right system. Dont see that many foxbodies with lcd's etc.

[email protected]

Zexhuffer
                      Its one thing having an lcd, 8 speakers, 2 amps, 2 subs and 20 lbs of wires hooked up, but having your car still pull 12 second 1/4 miles at the drag strip with all that still in is another.

Comment

Yes, can you share the skin? or point us in the right direction?
                        2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

Comment

Originally posted by CavityCr33p
                          Yes, can you share the skin? or point us in the right direction?
                          Okay after my webserver took a dump... I have decided that resoring the old pictures is a waste of time. I have since incorporated Centrafuse afer many attemps at getting Froto's masterpiece doing what I want. Which essentially it was perfect. But I dont like to skin much and I couldnt fidn a skin that would match my style and esily add the rustang's heart to it.
                          IF you still want the mustang skin that you saw up there I will zip it up for you and give it to you. But be warned, it is only a skin for MediaEngine. And I left it for good reason. Its clumsy, lacks accesability and froto is FAR superior. But I have to say... Centrafuse looks really nice. However I dont really want to pay for software either. So if Centrafuse was to go pay only.. Frodo again would be my bestest friend...
                          that said, my beta testing of design 2 has been completed. new pictures will be taken... Including Sirius Radio added (Not integraded)
                          I have also mounted plywood layout to hold screen and put a metal face on it. This will all be covered with grey suede and thin black leather when I am done. But for now, it must stay open for heat restrictions on the lilliput. I will figure out cooling later.
                          I will post these pictures soon, must take new pictures. You guys are going to love this! 1/2 Ghetto.. 1/2 super geek
                          Centrafuse 3.1
                          Garmin Mobile PC

Comment

no pics
                            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Still no pics...
                              VIA MII 10000 - 512MB Ram - Dual 2.5" drives, Xenarc 700TSV, Panasonic CW-8132-B, Opus 150, Audigy 2 NX, PowerMate, IOADR1610 10 Relay card

Comment

Working...
                              X