1978 Oldsmobile station wagon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 Oldsmobile station wagon

Hi all, I have been puting my car pc together over time, and finnaly have it most of the way together. Here is the car

This is the modding I did to the dash

Also thank you "moremods" for the olds rocket menu

I will add some more pics when I get the pc mounted better (its sitting on the floor right now). As for the pc I used a morex case with a 80w dc-dc converter/regulator and an itps with the regulator bypassed, works very well like this. The MB is a MII1000 512mb ram dvd-rom/cdrw 60gig hd. The only problem I have right now is that the lcd is very hard to see in the daylight, I am thinking of tinting the back windows anyway hopfully that will help.
    1978 Olds Cutlass Wagon install

ROFL! That's awesome! Nice install.

Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

Sweet Ride!!! I love wagons.

Display integration looks great too.

Comment

Sadly tinting wont help much. I double limo'd the back 3 windows in my truck and limo'd the doors, my problem is the screen in my truck reflects my shirt and the sun coming through the windshield. Hence my CIMR IR remote is used durring the day and at night I show it off. I want to look around at some of the factory NAV's to see how well you can read them durring the day maybe figure out some way of making the lilli look better in the day. Nice job, crazy car.
        2K SVT Lightning, Some things and the usual truck pc, now with slot load dvd rom and ECM Data logging.
        05 Scion xA

Comment

That is so awesome!

It's the car from That 70's Show but with style!
          Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Skipjacks
            That is so awesome!

It's the car from That 70's Show but with style!
            ROFL! I was thinking the same thing when I first looked at it. One of the only station wagons I've seen in that good of condition.
            Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

@TucsonPred: Wear black shirts! ;-)
              List of front-ends/usefull apps
              XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Thanks for the comments . This was my first car that I got in 1995 and since then I have added or changed all kinds of things. As far as the screen I held my jacket up behind me this morning to block out the sun from behind and it seemed to work.. so I am hoping that window tint will help.

Comment

That screen really goes in there well. Like the old school ride... Definatley a clean ride.
                  Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

I think tinting will go a long way to help you. But as others have pointed out there will still be some times where it won't like sun comming in through the front and reflecting off your or your passenger's shirts. Besides, i think some tint will make your wagon even cooler....

Comment

I love it! great install!
                      肚子笑痛了
                      S60 Install

Comment

Very nice,I like the way you managed to recess the screen.
                        Is your small block an Olds 350 or Chevy?
                        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

wow... nice man... real nice!!
                          VER. 3.0- Check out below:
                          車コンピュータ 3.0

Comment

Wagons HO! Your car rocks dude. You obviously have taken extremely good care of it. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by seanshine
                              Very nice,I like the way you managed to recess the screen.
                              Is your small block an Olds 350 or Chevy?
                              Thanks, it is a olds 350 bored 68 over so it actually has 455 pistons, I used the speed pro forged pistons. the block from a 76cutlass and heads from a 68. Some of the other changes were: edelbrok intake, crane cam, roller rockers, headers, msd ignition, oil filter relocated to the front(FL1A type) electric fans, stainless valves with reduced stems, 2004-r trans highly modifed (by my father ) 340 auburn posi rear. As for the interior I still need to get new carpet and get the seats redone. The seats, center console, and tilt wheel is from a 79 cutlass and the sport gauges and tach are from a 86 cutlass. All the work has been done by myself and my father.

Comment

Working...
                              X