1991 Toyota Celica GT Coupe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Toyota Celica GT Coupe

Here is my setup. I see a couple other guys here have celica's too.
    I have a cube pc sitting behind my passenger seat.
    Specs:
    P4 2.53ghz
    256 Mb ram
    40 Gig hard drive
    DVD/CDRW
    Logitech Quickcam 3000 mounted next to my radar detector
    7" T-View Touch screen
    Here is a picture of it. I used Neocar Media Center and created my own custom skin for it. The nice thing about the Celica's is that the space that the car stereo sits in, is the perfect size for a 7" display to sit inside with a tiny bit of modification. I relocated my deck to the glove box and wired the detachable face on the driver side sun visor.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

neat install.
    CarPC Status:

Hardware: 100%
    Software: 100%
    Case Install: 100%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 100%

crap factor: 100%

new carpc finished, thinking of way to mount HDD
    and not installed yet.

Comment

Very nice install

What's with the purple color around the key

Also, post more pics like were you hid the computer, etc
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

yeah dammit, more pics!
        CarPC Status:

Hardware: 100%
        Software: 100%
        Case Install: 100%
        Dash Install: 100%
        Car Install: 100%

crap factor: 100%

new carpc finished, thinking of way to mount HDD
        and not installed yet.

Comment

More Pictures

Here are more pictures of my car.
          This is what the cube pc behind the passenger seat looks like

Here is a shot of my dashboard, with the face of my head unit mounted to the sun visor.

Here is more of my interior detailing

Here is a couple of shots of my Video camera

Here is some video taken from my camera.
          http://impactwarez.serveftp.com/celica.avi
          What is the purple stuff you say? As you can see from the pictures that I have alot of purple detailing and you might not see why, well here is a picture of the decal kit that I have minus the hood and windshield decals and number. I havent put it on yet as I havent installed my body kit or painted it yet, still waiting for it to warm up more, plus I have some body rust to fill.
          Mobile Impact

Comment

I hate to bring this thread to a screeching halt but that isn't a 1991 Celica. I would have chalked it up to a typo except it's in your profile and the title of this thread. Just wondering...
            2005 Subaru Legacy GT

AMD Sempron 3100, Biostar K8NHA PRO mobo, 512 meg DDR, WD 200 gig SATA, Opus 150, Xenarc
            JBL GTi 6.5 fr, JBL 5.25 rr, (3) JBL 75x2 & 1 1200x1 amps, PA MOFO 12 sub

Comment

Originally posted by John M
              I hate to bring this thread to a screeching halt but that isn't a 1991 Celica. I would have chalked it up to a typo except it's in your profile and the title of this thread. Just wondering...
              I hate to point out the obvious, but reading the whole post helps:

Originally posted by reddeath30
              here is a picture of the decal kit that I have minus the hood and windshield decals and number. I havent put it on yet as I havent installed my body kit or painted it yet
              On a side note, I like the silver & purple look. If the inside resembles the care you're gonna put on the outside, then I'm sure it will look great.
              -GiZak-
              Carputer Project: 98% Complete!! *tweakin'*
              Xenarc 7TSV | Opus 150 | Biostar M7NCG400 | Athlon Mobile2200 | Seagate 160Gb | Kingston 2x256mb | BT Holux GR-231 GPS | LiteOn CD-R/DVD| Keyhole Rev. Cam | Zippy Mini-glow Keyboard

Comment

I know the last pic isn't his car. I guess it just didn't click that someone would buy a graphics kit for a car that isn't their model either. You can hardly expect graphics made for a current-gen Celica to fit on a 91 so you can imagine my confusion.
                2005 Subaru Legacy GT

AMD Sempron 3100, Biostar K8NHA PRO mobo, 512 meg DDR, WD 200 gig SATA, Opus 150, Xenarc
                JBL GTi 6.5 fr, JBL 5.25 rr, (3) JBL 75x2 & 1 1200x1 amps, PA MOFO 12 sub

Comment

Just picked up a 91 gt hatchback and was wondering if you made the screen surround or bought it somewhere, it looks EXACTLY like what i want.

Comment

Hi mate, good work. your dash install looks very similar to the one I did although I had to remove the ciggy lighter and ashtray as I went for the 8in screen! http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42376

Comment

Always the dash-mount display?

Why does every project on this board (just about) insist on going and doing all this complicated in-dash mount stuff?

It looks cool for what it is, but its not practical:

-the glare can be bad at that angle (just below/above the stereo)

-you can't tilt it in any direction for ease-of-use

-it sits there like a gem waiting to be jacked by some drug addict (assuming you can't pop it out)

I suggest something like a goose-mount or a flexible mount, at the least when u bolt it into the dash, give it the ability to be popped out for focus'd use.

-the passenger can grab hold of it and focus on it better while you drive.
                      -people in the back seat can get a better view
                      -typing on the keyboard sucks when you have to strain down-and-right to get a better look

Who out there has some good pointers to cool flexible mounts?

Comment

Pretty nice!

Comment

in the celica it doesnt seem too bad to mount it there, not much light gets down there so no glare, and its pretty easy to just glance down there and see whats going on. atleast when im messing with my radio.

Comment

The only problem I had with my screen there is the viewing angle. With the Lilliput the screen seemed very dark and although media engine was fully viewable I noticed it when watching DVD's ...

Comment

I just made some updates to my console. Here are the pictures of the different stages:
                              My celica has a 2 1/2 din area which my 7" T-View monitor just happens to fit perfectly. I originally had mounted it flush with the panel piece, but it was just a bit off for viewing, so I tilted the screen and installed it using the stock stereo brackets. I then wrapped it with aluminum foil and flattened and smoothed it out to the contours of the screen.

The next step was to lay a tarp down in the car. I could have removed the center console and worked on it out of the car but I figured if I dripped, I could wipe it quickly.

I used fiberglass fabric and cut out the right dimensions before I soaked it in the resin, then applied it over the console panel and foil wrapped screen.

After it hardened, I removed the panel out of the car to continue.

I added a 2nd layer of fiberglass to the panel.

Here is the panel with the area cut out for the screen.

I put the panel back into the car to test out the cut out area and to make sure the screen still worked.

I cut out an area so that the screen buttons could be accessed.
                              After all day of bondo and sanding, it is ready for paint.

Here is the pained product.

After the paint dried and hardened, I put the car back together. Here is my boot screen.

Mobile Impact
                              Mobile Impact

Comment

Working...
                              X