• 2005 Scion Tc Install (pics)

Here are my computer specs:

Biostar m7ncg
    2400+ Mobile Amd

M1-atx
    7'' Lilliput (Custom fab)
    Custom plastic computer case
    200w Alpine Amp

It took about 3 months planning. A week's worth of actual work. Finally had time during my spring break to do the install. Everything is working fine now, but there are a few issues. Since a lot of the components are under the seat I am worried with heat issues. Also, the amp powering the speakers don't sound too great. I think I need to get some equalizer settings for the nforce or something. Here are pictures.

that is dead sexy, like the cover... - show us more pics...
    CarPC Status:

Hardware: 100%
    Software: 100%
    Case Install: 100%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 100%

crap factor: 100%

new carpc finished, thinking of way to mount HDD
    and not installed yet.

Comment

nice and tidy screen install,
      wheres the rest of it you tease
      Still Planning and Scavenging Parts ------Software-----and anything else i can lay my hands on!!! :)

Acquired a Toshiba Satelite 4000CDT
      HDD`s ****ed new one on way! 30gb Toshiba.

Comment

Yea very nice install. I'm always a big fan of anything that has a cover. Definitely post more pics!
        Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

i've got a tc too - just wanted to see if you have any tips on the lcd install
          great job btw

Comment

nice install! show us more!

side note:
            how versitile is that cover? do you think that could be easily modified to be molded into another car?
            New System in progress:
            M10k
            Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
            Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
            Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
            Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
            Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
            My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Nice pic. can't wait to see more or it.
              www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

WOW...awesome screen install m8. Congrats.

(And show us some more pics, will ya?)

Comment

Fenderbender, I also have a tC, and was wondering, did you ever toy with the idea of putting the computer in the space under the AC controls? I am looking into a MicroITX motherboard configuration, and with some modifications on the cubby spot below the AC controls, I think it might work. Did you ever experiment with this? If so, is there space behind the plastic cover where something about 10" might fit?
                  Stage: Planning
                  Car: 2005 Scion tC

Comment

Originally posted by fenderbender
                    Here are my computer specs:

Biostar m7ncg
                    2400+ Mobile Amd

M1-atx
                    7'' Lilliput (Custom fab)
                    Custom plastic computer case
                    200w Alpine Amp

It took about 3 months planning. A week's worth of actual work. Finally had time during my spring break to do the install. Everything is working fine now, but there are a few issues. Since a lot of the components are under the seat I am worried with heat issues. Also, the amp powering the speakers don't sound too great. I think I need to get some equalizer settings for the nforce or something. Here are pictures.

I had done a carpc project on my old car (acura legend) and I'm looking at doing it again on this new car (scion tc). In the old car I simply used my Pioneer headunit and fed the signal from the PC into the Aux input in the headunit. With this project, I have to install an amplifier. I wanted to know where you located the amplifier and if you installed it yourself. Do you have any pics??
                    Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

"Don't speak about it, be about it"

Comment

I placed my amp under the driver seat since it doesnt get moved ofter to let passengers in and out. I don't have any more pics, in fact I don't even have the car anymore. It was totalled in a accident but the carputer still lives (other party's fault). In fact I am selling the amp I used with it, it is a alpine model with 40watt rms to each channel, and 50 on 2 ohms.

Comment

And hence the username...
                        2005 Black Chevy Impala
                        Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Not very funny when it was a really serious accident which left a scar on my face and left my brother with a concussion, not to mention all the hassle of dealing with the aftermath.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. Sorry to hear about the accident. Did the car hold up well for the size of the impact?
                            My main concern is getting the amp. I'll install it if it's not that difficult or if not I'll take it to a place to get installed (Best Buy).
                            Where did you place the carputer? I bought the ampie and was thinking about the trunk. I would love to put it in the spare tire compartment BUT there is no air circulation in there and the pc might overheat.
                            Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

"Don't speak about it, be about it"

Comment

kenny from clean customs just did my setup in my 2006 scion tc and it looks the same pretty much. i think my screen is recessed a little bit more though but maybe not. 7" tview

he just left and i havent had a chance to really play with it for more than 3 minutes before heading off to work but im excited about it. i'll have pics in a few days i can post

eddie

Comment

Working...
                              X