94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Install

Here is my 1994 Jep Grand Cherokee Install. I know its not as nice as some of you guys's install's but it suites my needs just right.

I have a HP Laptop with the following specs

Intel P4 2.6Ghz
    1024 MB RAM
    80 GB HDD
    DVD / CD-RW Combo
    Internal Wireless G Network Card
    15.1 inch XVGA Screen
    Windows XP Pro
    MS Streets + Trips 2005
    8000+ MP3's - 40+ Movies - 200+ Music Vid's - 1000+ crappy games for the kids on long rides.

300watt inverter hacked into a hardwire version directly connected to the battery.
    Second 150watt inverter for my touchscreen which will arrive in a few days.

The laptop is seated on a spinning wheel to allow access to both driver and front passanger. I will add my new touch screen to the dash ext week sometime and the front seat head rests screens will be installed when funds allow it.

My undercar neon lighting will be installed next weekend. I have gone with the blue neon look to match my Jeep's silver paint job.

Now for the photo's

Click Here for my photo album

Hope you enjoy and as we all know - your car pc install is never really finished lol.

To do List:

Install Dash Touch screen.
    Install Headrest TFT Screens.
    Install Roof Flipdown 10 inch Screen
    Install undercar Neon Lighting system
    Install In-car LED Lighting System

Note: I know i am cheating by using a laptop but I also need the laptop for work sometimes so its nice to be able to remove the laptop as and when needed. Plus I remove the laptop when not in the Jeep for along time eg a few days so not to draw attention and means I am less likely to get broken into :P

Cheers yall

Jamie Whittingham
    1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo XP
    My CarPC Site

Update!!!!

NEW UPDATE

Well I just got done installing my undercar kit neon lighting system.

Here are some pictures

Mission Control

Driver Side Neon's

Passenger Side Neon's

Interia Neon's (Back Seat Only)

Enjoy - please feel free to post your comments or suggestions.

Kind Regards

Jamie Whittingham
    My CarPC Site

Comment

well i got my remaining neon's installed this evening after the rain stopped lol

The rear neon under the rear bumper is now installed and also the neon that should have gone in the front is mounted into the roof inside facing forward

Sorry i got off topic with my neons i just so happy with them

Well next on the board is riping my laptop apart and installing it into the jeep and re-wiring everything seeing as i blew up my inverter some how lol

Cheers guys

Jamie Whittingham
      My CarPC Site

Comment

hi,before starting i'm sorry for my english if i do some mistacke sorry.
        i have a jeep grand cherokee 1994 too but mine is limited.. i study to put on a carputer too.. this is my console and i think to put the 7" touch screen where now there is the radio in a slide that glide into the console because if i want to put indash monitor i must remove the outlet of the air- conditioning unit...so with the slide i can rotate the monitr of 90 and it glide into the cosole.

Comment

yay on the install

Nay on the neon x megazillion. It looks nasty man.. god save it from it's misery.
          Welcome, cdm.
          You last visited: 09-13-2006 at 02:42 AM
          Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 3.

Wow.. how things have changed in 4 years. Gone are the days of mcgyver and datalux

Comment

being a grand cherokee owner myself its nice to see other people trying to mod them, but i have to agree with the man above me...you have a JEEP man, please dont degrade it with neon rice... but besides that nice install..

.:[ x10's GMLAN ]:.

Sirius Channels Update

Comment

good stuff on the install but the neons redo it so u cant c the tubes just the glow :-P

Comment

i agree mount them a little higher and dont listen to them do what u wanna do be yourself if u wanna rice out a truck do it

SIDE NOTE I dislike rice on ricers but i like it in my van :-P

if i listened to everyone about my van i would have a shaggin wagon id have a dodge caravan so do whats you and have fun
                .______
                | '_ |__\___
                [(o)|___(o)] XB
                ._________
                | I__I I_I|_\__I
                [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

I have a 2000 Jeep, I thought about putting Neons on the outside, but insted I have 11 sticks installed on the inside. Looks great man.
                  Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                  Kenwood X790 x/ iP500 Ipod Interface
                  Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 D2
                  CDT ES-620 (omg yayay!!!1)
                  NINe.2X, NINe.2

Comment

thank you so much for all your imput guys.

I dont use the jeep for off roading just from riding around town as that is all there is to do in my small town. I wanted to neon's cos i lice race cars / street cars modded up with neon's and I love my jeep so I thort what the hell it was something different and the pics are REALLY bad when taken in the dark but they actually look really nice and I can change the color and they can beat to music and just flash in different squences (sorry for bad spelling i in a rush here lol)

I looking for a touchscreen to mount in the bash where the Jeep computer display is just trying to find an old post i saw where someone else mounted one and it looked frigging sweet!!!!!.

The neons cannot be mounted anywhere else apart from where they are as ias it puts them way to fare under the jeep towards the middle and would be very hard to install them. I purchased two sets of these neon's from aut zone and hacked the controler to allow me to use all 8 lights and not just the standard 4 which the controler allows you to use. I going to be adding the remaining neon's inside and they give off a crap load of night light inside and i consulted a few local friends and they agree it loks realy sweet.

Anyways I heading out to do some more work moving the laptop to the trunk and looking into hacking up my old pc base unit and getting it installed.

cheers guys

Jamie Whittingham
                    My CarPC Site

Comment

cool buts no pics. they dont show

Originally posted by jamiewhittingha
                      Here is my 1994 Jep Grand Cherokee Install. I know its not as nice as some of you guys's install's but it suites my needs just right.

I have a HP Laptop with the following specs

Intel P4 2.6Ghz
                      1024 MB RAM
                      80 GB HDD
                      DVD / CD-RW Combo
                      Internal Wireless G Network Card
                      15.1 inch XVGA Screen
                      Windows XP Pro
                      MS Streets + Trips 2005
                      8000+ MP3's - 40+ Movies - 200+ Music Vid's - 1000+ crappy games for the kids on long rides.

300watt inverter hacked into a hardwire version directly connected to the battery.
                      Second 150watt inverter for my touchscreen which will arrive in a few days.

The laptop is seated on a spinning wheel to allow access to both driver and front passanger. I will add my new touch screen to the dash ext week sometime and the front seat head rests screens will be installed when funds allow it.

My undercar neon lighting will be installed next weekend. I have gone with the blue neon look to match my Jeep's silver paint job.

Now for the photo's

Click Here for my photo album

Hope you enjoy and as we all know - your car pc install is never really finished lol.

To do List:

Install Dash Touch screen.
                      Install Headrest TFT Screens.
                      Install Roof Flipdown 10 inch Screen
                      Install undercar Neon Lighting system
                      Install In-car LED Lighting System

Note: I know i am cheating by using a laptop but I also need the laptop for work sometimes so its nice to be able to remove the laptop as and when needed. Plus I remove the laptop when not in the Jeep for along time eg a few days so not to draw attention and means I am less likely to get broken into :P

Cheers yall

Jamie Whittingham
                      sup i am an owner of a 2002 jeep grand cherokee laredo. same here with laptop but not fancy with the lcds and this and that. my laptop sony vaio i bought for college use but it has a ten in. screen (diagnol measurment), webcam (reversible) I 200gb in laptop upgraded & 500gb hard drive external in the trunk and wireless gps. and i like the fact that you are happy with neon but ( no offense) neons look better on low riders or cars/suvs/vans with bumber kits. if you like it thats fine. Oh and i made my own flash interface with leds so they flash on the beat of music. I also made a Aux in for my jeep for hich i will be posting pics for as soon as i am done testing. that way i get sound from my car speakers. (my laptop is the siize of a portable dvd player , hehe)

Ebay has some pretty decent things if your looking for some.

I love your setup

UPDATE::::
                      this is the website
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24361

Comment

Working...
                      X