Spec

Epia-ml8000a
    256 Ddr Ram
    40g 7200 Hard Drive
    M1atx Power Supply
    Rikaline Gps-6010
    Bluetooth Dongle
    Lilliput 7" Touch Screen

Bezel Made From New Center Console With Replacement Lilliput Bezel Molded Inplace With Fiberglass And Body Filler.
    Heres The Pics
    Attached Files

Nice install....bezel looks awesome. How about some pics of the PC?

Oh, and did anyone ever point out to you that your steering wheel is on the wrong side? ...because it is.

Comment

Originally posted by LordSnow
      Nice install....bezel looks awesome. How about some pics of the PC?

Oh, and did anyone ever point out to you that your steering wheel is on the wrong side? ...because it is.
      LOL, I couldn't imagine trying to shift with my left hand ...

Comment

changing the steering wheel side was the first car mod that i did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No way I could ever shift with my left hand...

Like someone said, how about some pics of the actual PC? (Please. )
          Zen Fat Loss

Comment

will sort some out this afternoon

Comment

carputer

heres the pics of the carputer. mounted on two bits of mdf . this is a temp install as i built this for a friend for his astra. so the bezel i made will be for sale if anyones intested.
              Attached Files

Comment

NICEEE..

I can't wait to do this to my 2002 Golf. Trying to decide what parts to buy first.

Anyhow, where are the AC controls and such? Close-ups? I wish there was a detailed description on what wires to use and all. Is it possible to not take apart the dash to atleast disconnect the stock tape-deck and connect the screen with a stand? (going to fiberglass in June)

Comment

Ah, another thing... volume. What's the best way to connect it all up to the stock speakers in our Golfs?

Comment

Originally posted by zomb
                    Ah, another thing... volume. What's the best way to connect it all up to the stock speakers in our Golfs?

Unfortunately, if you have a monsoon vw system it is a little tricky. R32Juhl Figured how to send the signal straight from the comp to the monsoon amp by supplying the amp a 5V signal with the comp input. Read his thread about it. I am currently waiting for a write up on it first before I decide what I should do.

Otherwise you can get an Aux adapter that turns the CD changer plug in the back to an RCA so you can hook up the comp soundcard.

My dilemma is to keep the stock headunit and get a single din or to remove the HU and go with an in dash screen. I don't want to get rid of my AM radio though. So it is a little difficult for me to deicde. Also the thought of someone stealing the screen scares me too if it is plain view.
                    MY PROGRESS: [ | - - - - - - - - - ]

Current Status: Waiting for Motorized Single DIN TS to arrive.

Have: Everything but TS
                    Need:USB Hubs,All USB Cables, Keyboard & Mouse Solution

Comment

I have an R32 and in about a week i'm gonna work on throwing an 8" lilliput in there. pretty sure it will fit, should look nice and big
                      my setup - finally
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50494

Comment

I have an after market kenwood headunit fitted . justed modded the cd changer connector ( pins 9 and 1 linked and pins 8 12 and 6 for audio in ) for aux in. now have the head unit in the glove box .
                        i have climate control so no aircon dials for me to deal with.
                        i would make sure that a 8" lilliput will fit first. should be some measurements on the http://www.digitalww.com web site. the 7" just fitted in width .

Comment

Such a nice install.. Total cost? (not including the hu)

I'm going to snag a lilliput 7" on eBay in 2 weeks time and start getting all the parts I need, possibly begin fiberglassing the housing. Do I have to take the whole dash out to get the radio out? I don't expect it to be easy, but it would be nice to have it that way, eh? heh. I put your pic into PS and mirrored it, looks like mine now.

Comment

great link to show how to take dash apart . hope you got some time on your hands !!!
                            http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dgace/i..._wood_trim.htm

the stereo comes out easy , its the whole console which is the pain.
                            total cost around 400 aprox $700 .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice, thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X