2000 Celica GT-S carputer. v1.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Celica GT-S carputer. v1.0

OK so i finally have my car PC running in my car. I freaking love it! Such a cool toy. I installed in the globe box.
    I did all the work thanks to all the help in this board!

Hardware:
    VIA MII 12000
    512 RAM
    40 GB 3.5" HDD
    M1-ATX power supply
    6.5" LCD screen

Software:
    Frodo/RR (mp3s)
    Log-works (Lm1 wideband logging and gauge display)
    E-manage support tool (E-manage tuning)
    Voice command

future plans:
    VGA touchscreen, GPS, Phone Control, Wifi, rear view camera, movies and games

the victim.
    2000 Celica GT-S custom turbo.

Lm-1 (Air/Fuel and RPMS)

Froddo Player (mp3s)

Greddy eManage

nice
    what software is that in your "Lm-1 (Air/Fuel and RPMS)" picture?
    also is that hdd just hangin loose in the glovebox?
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

thanks!

that's the software that comes with the lm-1 wideband unit. It will log A/R, RPMS, Boost and others. It has real time display so it display everything in gauges.
      http://innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

the hdd is bolted, only from the other side so you can't see it but it sits tighly.

Comment

nice work :-)
        very nice car :-)

but you should have expected me having a couple of questions.
        How did you power it, where did you run the wires ?
        How does it boot ?
        '03 BMW 320d (E46)
        Carputer progress : [#----------]
        Gathering information ... currently using my phone connected through BT as carputer
        '99 BMW Z3 coupe 2.8
        Carputer progress : [-----------]
        No work done yet

Comment

sweet car...like that intercooler in the front

really nice install too!
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
          Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
          Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

nicee looks clean i like the pioneer skin looks like a real headunit haha

Comment

thanks a lot guys!
              There is a lot more a want to do, i'm really enjoying working on this project. Not to mention peoples reactions when they hear I have a PC in my car hehehe they just can't believe it. Thanks to all the help on the board.

John, the Power supply is the M1-Atx. It works great. I turn on the car and it boots up the PC, i turn off the car and it sends a shut down signal. All you do is plug 3 cables. 1 positive constant, 1 positive switched and the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by boostedGT-S
                John, the Power supply is the M1-Atx. It works great. I turn on the car and it boots up the PC, i turn off the car and it sends a shut down signal. All you do is plug 3 cables. 1 positive constant, 1 positive switched and the ground.
                Cool ... so if i can make some kind of circuit that will output a switched 12V signal i'm in business.

btw is your car lowered, or is this standard GT-S stance ?
                '03 BMW 320d (E46)
                Gathering information ... currently using my phone connected through BT as carputer
                '99 BMW Z3 coupe 2.8
                No work done yet

Comment

Looks good fabian. Once i get all my stuff together we gotta meet up so you can help with with all the connections and setup.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Duh
                    Cool ... so if i can make some kind of circuit that will output a switched 12V signal i'm in business.

btw is your car lowered, or is this standard GT-S stance ?
                    you don't have to make a circuit, just tap the positive feed on your cd player.
                    Yeah car is lowered, not much. less than 1.5" with H&R springs.

Comment

Originally posted by devilinacelica
                      Looks good fabian. Once i get all my stuff together we gotta meet up so you can help with with all the connections and setup.
                      thanks bro! defenetly i'll be glad to help

Comment

you don't have to make a circuit, just tap the positive feed on your cd player.
                        I'd like to have it boot when i open the doors with the remote, with automatic shutdown when i don't crank the engine in the next minute. (i.e. if i just pick up something out of the car)
                        So i'm planning to get an electronics whiz to design me a circuit that takes two inputs and provides one output signal.

damn ... even more money sneaking out of my wallet :-)
                        '03 BMW 320d (E46)
                        '99 BMW Z3 coupe 2.8
                        No work done yet

Comment

NICE!!! Your car's hot and your set-up is just sweet!!
                          My girl's brother has a 00' GT-S... His is red with a CF hood, some 18" Gunmetal wheels and he's looking to Turbo it... He's in L.I. too, maybe you know him.
                          Keep it up man!!
                          VER. 3.0- Check out below:
                          車コンピュータ 3.0

Comment

My dad has an '00 Celica GT-S, and I'm definitely going to show him this thread and try to get him to work on it. Good work man!
                            Old plans out the window because of an accident .
                            Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
                            Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

Comment

Originally posted by John_Duh
                              I'd like to have it boot when i open the doors with the remote, with automatic shutdown when i don't crank the engine in the next minute. (i.e. if i just pick up something out of the car)
                              So i'm planning to get an electronics whiz to design me a circuit that takes two inputs and provides one output signal.

damn ... even more money sneaking out of my wallet :-)
                              yeah i'm not sure how to do that, it's an interesting task.
                              heheh yeah, the problem is that if you get lowering springs you also need new shock/struts so yeah it starts adding up. I have KYB AGX Shocks/struts

Comment

Working...
                              X