2k4 Maxima

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k4 Maxima

I've been working on this since probably January or so, and thanks to all the lurking I've done and Altimat's Mighty Fabrication Powers I'm thankful to say that I'm just about done...

But on with what matters...

The dash basically looks stock (wich is exactly what I wanted) with the exception of the stock (orange) info screen moved to the bottom pocket, and in its place there's a 7" lilliput.

Altimat relocated the IR eye to the casing, and the buttons are relocated to the back of the screen. Clean look but it still works 100%.

Being as anxious as I was, I put everything in and discovered the screen had that dreaded discoloration to it... Sure enough, anybody that has a lilli knows it's time to take it apart and mess with the ribbon cable...

I tried taking a few shots anyway, so here goes frodo and what it's supposed to look like on my laptop... notice the screen is washed with some purple hue...

Right colors:

The dash as I was working on it... yeah, scary...

Comment

Fixed my problems and mounted it back last night... notice how it says it's 1 AM.

Testing before re-assembly, just in case:

Put the dash back together:

Comment

Frodo screens:

Media:

Map Monkey. F'ers still haven't sent me the email with the download instructions, since FRIDAY, so now I'm stuck with the demo version. I shouldn't have updated...

Comment

Looks great and good to finally see it in there! We waited waaaaay too long for that part from Nissan. I see a little silver on the left edge of the screen though. There should be enough slop side-to-side that you can slide it over so that is not visible.
          Fabricator

Comment

Originally posted by Altimat
            Looks great and good to finally see it in there! We waited waaaaay too long for that part from Nissan. I see a little silver on the left edge of the screen though. There should be enough slop side-to-side that you can slide it over so that is not visible.
            Yeah I think I have to move it down and left a bit... there seems to be contact with the housing on the right side at times, and with it being a touchscreen, that's bad.

Thanks for all the help though... when I (finally) get everything finished I'll post some more pictures.

Now let's talk about that fiberglass box in the trunk though... I'm looking at what these guys are doing http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW and it's EXACTLY what I want, only on the sides of the trunk around the spare.

Comment

looks awesome! Is the altima the 2.5 or 3.5?
              My Carputer Project

Comment

Hey Viguera..... What resolution and refresh are you running....?
                RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Wow very nice. I love it, looks like it came stock on the car too!

Comment

Originally posted by nappyjim
                    looks awesome! Is the altima the 2.5 or 3.5?
                    Err... that's a Maxima. 3.5 SL.

Originally posted by thanatos106
                    Hey Viguera..... What resolution and refresh are you running....?
                    I'm running 800x600... didn't wanna mess with custom resolutions or anything, since this is -- for now -- using the laptop as a source. I'm switching over to probably a mini-ITX setup when I have the time.

Comment

great job, very stock look, great fab work altimat!
                      My Install

Software:
                      CFiG v1
                      iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
                      Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
                      StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

I was browsing this forum and in the first post, I can't view the pictures. Would love to see how you modded your Maxima!

Comment

Pics aren't working here either? help?
                          VER. 3.0- Check out below:
                          車コンピュータ 3.0

Comment

Yeah i'm curious to see it as well.
                            replicant
                            Audi A4 (flickr pics)

Comment

damn... I moved the folder and forgot about this... let me see if I can fix this.

Comment

Working...
                              X