most innovative install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most innovative install

i thought it would be a good idea to see installs that required a little extra to get them working. or just had some cool gadgets (not the standard stuff like gps, mp3 and dvd players). so post your rides here...
    CarPC Status:

Hardware: 100%
    Software: 100%
    Case Install: 100%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 100%

crap factor: 100%

new carpc finished, thinking of way to mount HDD
    and not installed yet.

Voice controlled navigation a.la Acura.... check sig
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Pug 306 with twin screens with upgraded autodimming CCFLs , GPS with dead reckoning, Sony HU linked to control the PC and to show the reack names on the HU, standalone tracking system (that works INDOORS AND EVEN UNDERGROUND) using OEM GSM/GPRS module, voice calls over regular phone via BT but with separate audio system to the music, iDrive style controller, completely cut up and relocated HVAC controls as my dash is ****e!

And willprobably have all the voice activation - got it built into my HU which cans end controls to the PC and/or i can Navivoice.

This is why my install is taking me so long!

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
        voice calls over regular phone via BT but with separate audio system to the music
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
          Boris!!! It's quite simple. I am using my regualr contract phone over BT (which means bluetooth) for voice calls as then people can contact me on my regular number and I can make calls from my inclusive minutes. The separate audio system is so the phone uses a headrest mounted speaker like in the volvos. I may also have GPS over this speaker too.

Comment

Scouse - I'd just have the Phone piped through the usual speakers but mute the Wav line. Will save a hell of a lot of messing about for little gain.

Comment

I got the impression this thread was for stating what you were doing not for discussing it! If i want a separate system thats what i will have

It also gives me the option to have music playing while i am on the phone so people can be jealous of my setup

Comment

Scouse is lying though! you dont have all that.... or can it be what we PLAN to have?

Did you decide what you were going to use for the tracking? And the sony HU, does it still retain functionality or did you basically hack it up as a dumb-front buttons+lcd control for the carpc?
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

of course i dont have it yet. its my plan - read my sig! And i doubt it wil have the seconds screen for a long time

For the sony HU search on unilink, for the tracking search too it has been discussed on here a bit and working prototypes are not too far off.

EDIT: oops maybe this thread is for completed installs - it's Boris's fault as he posted voice control and he doesnt have an install yet. I may screen fitted and my aircon is going back in today

Comment

Everyone who posted here doesn't have a working install!?

Okay, here's mine. Voice activated motorized folding screen. So there.

Oh yeah. INSTALLED.

And WORKING (the majority of the time).
                    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                    Want to:
                    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

haha, yeah this post is for completed installs. sorry that wasnt clear. - but feel free to discuss the installs here as well.

ps. my car doesnt have any innovations, just wanted everyone to share the wealth and inspire new ideas.
                      CarPC Status:

Hardware: 100%
                      Software: 100%
                      Case Install: 100%
                      Dash Install: 100%
                      Car Install: 100%

crap factor: 100%

new carpc finished, thinking of way to mount HDD
                      and not installed yet.

Comment

100% integration of OEM buttons in factory headunit.
                        Stealth OEM spyder
                        1204 dot net!

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                          Boris!!! It's quite simple. I am using my regualr contract phone over BT (which means bluetooth) for voice calls as then people can contact me on my regular number and I can make calls from my inclusive minutes. The separate audio system is so the phone uses a headrest mounted speaker like in the volvos. I may also have GPS over this speaker too.
                          im sorry im new to this area of techyness! can you dial out from an interface on the touch screen as well as other cell phone control functions from the pc without having to touch the phone? if not are there programs to will enable this possiblities (regardless of data cable or BT?)

how would you set up a separate audio system? <--- very intresting idea

Comment

O.K. well I've got my keyboard in the steering wheel.......
                            Attached Files
                            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

and then there's my 800X1280 vertical widescreen going in now.....
                              Attached Files
                              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
                              X