2003 Corolla S Install (lotta pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Corolla S Install (lotta pics)

Ok people, I was trying so hard to push off posting until my install was absolutely 100% complete, but I realize that it's just never going to happen

So here it is so far:

My dirty car (photo doesn't look so bad, but damn birds on powerline above

Ok, red switch turns on an inverter that's in the trunk. Black switch can turn on the comp which otherwise turns on via ignition.

My attempt at holding still while taking a pic w/o flash (btw, replaced dash lights with blue leds)

The Griffin next to a switch that turns on/off monitor

An extra outlet I routed from an inverter in the trunk...
    90% done - Sempron 64 2600+, MSI RS480M, 512mb, 80gb hd, 7" Lilliput, 802.11g pci, Itrek gps, Panasonic slim slot DVD/CDRW (broke :( ), Hauppage Wintv, Iguidance 2.0, Opus 150w, Griffin Powermate, Optima Yellowtop, Infiniti 6002i & 9603i

My Install

My custom made housing... oh the pain and sweat that went into this one...

And finally the guts, as indicated in my sig Unfortunately my slim DVD/CDRW drive busted so I don't have that functionality right now... plus I'm thinking of adding some other stuff... but it's a functional install and I'm happy so far...

Ok, be gentle all... let me know what you guys think~!
    90% done - Sempron 64 2600+, MSI RS480M, 512mb, 80gb hd, 7" Lilliput, 802.11g pci, Itrek gps, Panasonic slim slot DVD/CDRW (broke :( ), Hauppage Wintv, Iguidance 2.0, Opus 150w, Griffin Powermate, Optima Yellowtop, Infiniti 6002i & 9603i

My Install

Comment

is anyone else not seeing pics?

Comment

No pics...

Comment

sorry, my site says I exceeded my allocated transfer? (it says it should resume access in an hour)

My Install

Comment

Originally posted by locklin
            No pics...
            New System in progress:
            M10k
            Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
            Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
            Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
            Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
            Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
            My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

okay, I think it's fixed now!!

My Install

Comment

great install with the monitor! that looks really good. i love how you hid the battery too.

since you asked what i think... i think it would look better if the gps and wifi were hidden (i guess that is easy for me to say since i have a fiberglass car and can hide mine really easily...not sure how easy it would be for you)... but other then that thumbs up!

edit: how about mounting it to the underside of the rear shelf?
                New System in progress:
                M10k
                Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

thanx scott~! yea, I'm still trying to figure out how to hide the wifi antenna and the keyboard receiver better... I think the gps is in the best place for reception right now 'cause my rear window is pretty heavily tinted and the signal ain't so great back there. but maybe I could fiberglass a housing so it doesn't just sit there in the front window... (although you can't really notice it too much )

edit for q: unfortunately the wifi antenna gets sucky reception in my trunk (which I'm assuming is what you mean by under the shelf)

My Install

Comment

still looks great though!

hey...what is that joystick thing to the left of the screen? is that for 4wd
                    New System in progress:
                    M10k
                    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Nice install

I have the EXACT same car, color, etc. but 2005

I put the computer up in the trunk between the two speakers, but mine is much smaller (M1-atx + epia m10000). I'm waiting to install the monitor..

Nice to see some rolla s owners
                      Via Epia M10000 / 512 DDR / 10gigs 3.5 HD / M1-ATX / Innovatek 7" TS Screen
                      Trunk fiberglassing in progress...
                      Need GPS / Aux Input / WiFi

My Corolla Computer

Comment

Love the carputer "case". Turned out awesome, I think I might do something like that in the Focus... Blends in nicely.
                        Zen Fat Loss

Comment

You did the screen mount yourself ? What did you used ?
                          Via Epia M10000 / 512 DDR / 10gigs 3.5 HD / M1-ATX / Innovatek 7" TS Screen
                          Trunk fiberglassing in progress...
                          Need GPS / Aux Input / WiFi

My Corolla Computer

Comment

scott - no 4x4ing for me although my car does smell nice because of that thing, hehe (good ol' glade car freshner)

thanx rs3rs, that thing was a pain in the butt 'cause of the rounded molding in the trunk... lotsa cardboard cut outs to see if it fit, then cuttin the wood. but luckily, i found a craft store that had a fabric that almost exactly matched my trunk~!

CapitaineFritz - it's just a cut up lilliput.. I basically bought a scosche single din stereo adapter, and dremeled it to hold the lcd. then bondo'd the piece to be smooth. i can post a more detailed blurb if ya want

My Install

Comment

is the Optima a 2nd battery to power the computer only? I was thinking of doing the same. If you did add a 2nd battery, can you post what you used?
                              Lexus SC400
                              Subaru WRX Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X