15" Touchscreen LCD -Escalade EXT-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" Touchscreen LCD -Escalade EXT-

I am doing this project for one of my friends.

The only thing I am trying to figure out right now is how to connect the xbox to the vga and be able to switch between the two.

Luis

hiyya, seems to me the best way to be able to connect the xbox would be to install a pci card with some type of av input (rca, svideo etc).

from the 2nd pic it seems your not short on pci slots, so i'd reccommend a basic analog tv tuner card, that would also give the carputer TV ability

hope that helps
    Im planning to sleep my way to the top! wake me up when im there.

Comment

get an x to Vga adapter http://www.darkplanets.com/product_info.asp?pid=111

Comment

you can use this: http://www.newegg.com/product/Produc...TV+Walker+Lite

And then you can click on CAMERA in the Frodoplayer Menu.

BTW... you are doing a migthy big job for your friend there
        DICE Los Angeles
        ]

Comment

That's one big screen.

Good luck, hope you can put everything back together okay.
          Zen Fat Loss

Comment

And thats not even the half of it. The Computer was the easy part. The whole truck is being redone. Here is a list of what is going on the truck:

15" LCD Touchscreen Computer
            4 X162S Component sets
            2 T142C Coax sets
            4 T115D2 subwoofers
            1 20001bd For Lows
            1 8004bd for highs
            1 CPCC2 100 Farad Cap
            1 CPSR System Regulator
            1 RAVDVD2 DVD 7" in-dash Unit
            2 Optima Yellow Top Batteries
            1 Xbox
            1 Rear view Cam
            Gps Navigations system
            Viper Alarm
            26" Zenetti Wheels

And I am doing this all for free (I have a reason)

What do you guys think?

Luis

Comment

Big screen installs rock

This thread should really go in worklogs though
              2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

get the x2vga, it has an input on it for a computer and a button on the front that you can hit to switch between the two.

Comment

whats the reason u are doing it for free....and can you do mine for free?

ps, how much did all the dynamat cost, im thinking about dynamating my yukon which is basically same size

edit: nevermind its an ext

Comment

The reason I am doing it for free is because I am sponsoring the install. I am trying to open up my own shop and this is the best way, I think, to show off what I can do. I got Rockford Fosgate to sponsor all of the hardware. All the guy is paying for is the materials. In total he is going to waste about $2000.00+ for the whole install, and thats including hardware.

Luis

P.S. Just for the floor it took exactly 37 sq. feet of dynamat. The bulk pack of Dynamat Extreme comes with 37sq. ft. and costs about $135.00. To do the whole truck I think I will need about 2 more bulk packs.

Comment

Lookin Great So Far...can You Explain A Bit About The Fabrication Of The Bezel? Is It All Fiberglass Or Did You Modify The Stock Bezel? Is The Monitor Mounted Directly To The Bezel Or Mounted Behind It? Does The Surround Hit Flush Up To The Screen Itself, Or Are There Gaps And Spaces. With My Bezel...there Are Small Gaps Between The Screen And Bezel. I'm Looking For The Best Way To Clean This Up...any Suggestions??
                      Via epia M10000
                      12.1" VGA touchscreen
                      XP Pro
                      OPus 150W
                      120 GIG Maxtor
                      512 DDR
                      Geforce 5500 Videocard
                      Audigy NX USB sound card
                      Wireless Keyboard & mouse
                      Panasonic slim line -slot load
                      w/ usb adapter
                      IRMAN

Comment

Well This is how I did it:

Step1
                        I cut the inside square off of the Original LCD Bezel

Step2
                        I then placed the cut square on top of the Dash piece and made an outline of it on the dash piece and cut.

Step 3
                        I pleced the inside square inside the cut dash, turned it over and applied some Quick Steel to hold it in place.

Step 4
                        I applied some upholstery glue to the front of the dash and wraped it with pieces of grill cloth.

Step 5
                        Resined it up to make it hard, Bondoed it, and sanded for like a whole day. It didnt have to be perfect because the suede covered up all of the imperfections

I should of taken some pictures but I was too concentrated on the project.

Luis

PS: You have to think it through real carefully on how to make this work while keeping the rear clips. Or else there wont be a way to put the dash back on.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCdesignkid
                          Lookin Great So Far...can You Explain A Bit About The Fabrication Of The Bezel? Is It All Fiberglass Or Did You Modify The Stock Bezel? Is The Monitor Mounted Directly To The Bezel Or Mounted Behind It? Does The Surround Hit Flush Up To The Screen Itself, Or Are There Gaps And Spaces. With My Bezel...there Are Small Gaps Between The Screen And Bezel. I'm Looking For The Best Way To Clean This Up...any Suggestions??
                          The Screen is behind the bezel.

Also mine had some spaces between the screen and the bezel (and it still does) but the suede kinda filled them up.

Luis

Comment

NICE WORK SO FAR! WOW IM IMPRESSED! as for the xbox i suggest a usb tv tuner card with AV inputs. i seen some on ebay for like 80 bucks and its powered off usb.
                            i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

vga switcher i'd say... in my experience, you lose a bit of the real-time-ness (is that even a word? ) of the video. it becomes slightly jumpy when using say a tuner card with AV input, or something of the sort...

I noticed it on my rearview cam which has RCA video output, and just decided to feed it straight to the xenarc (which now has the advantage of auto-on)
                              Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                              Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Working...
                              X