Toyota Hilux 4x4 V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Hilux 4x4 V2

This is my old install; it works fine but its pretty crude so Iím doing it again
    Click here

Changes:
    Removing fold out screen and putting a lilliput 7Ē in its place Ė lilliputís in the mail atm

Building an over head console to house pc and CD player (the lilliput will use both din slots)

One day when I get the balls to go head-unit less I will use the dim slot in the console for something else, maybe UHF

Iíll be putting a in a PCI 3D video card Ė sitting in my room

Getting USB Tv tuner and Iím going to need a powered USB hub for all my things because Iím running out of slots and power.

So this is where Iím up to so far, it will be covered in grey vinyl and I hope it isnít to heave for my roof... we can only pray at this moment

[edit] I don't know if i shoud use this or use it as a mould for a fiberglass version? i might see how everything fits in this first.

View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

I am in the process of putting my lilliput into my radio console. It actually turned out quite welll and I didn't have to mold the casing so I still have warranty. I will post photos when it's finished depending on when the rain stops!!!
    I know we need some rain but why is it always raining when I get time to start installing or painting something for the carputer?!?!
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

what does the hilux look like? we dont have them in america.

Comment

shouldent this be in worklogs?
        Is this where the witty comment goes?
        97 Black pearl Mazda Miata MX-5 Carpc V2? maybee..

Comment

oh, nvm. its the same thing as a tacoma.

Comment

up to 1994 they were called pickups and after that tacoma's

Comment

meddler: if u could get me some pics that would be sweet..
              where is aus u from??
              View My Blog

Comment

He's in Sydney DJ
                CarPC Status:
                GPS: 99%
                Hardware: 99%
                Software: 92%
                Case Install: 99.9%
                Dash Install: 100%
                Car Install: 72%

Comment

yeah no prob. I try to pick out the good ones and put them up for you. I'm in Sydney

Comment

Hi Dj Mick

Nice set-up. may i make a suggestion. I agree that weight will be an issue with that overhead panel. I would built it out of fiberglass or aluminium. Check out my set up...im doing something very similar with an overhead panel. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52720
                    http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/856246

Please visit my new site http://www.Gigabitcustoms.com

My worklog http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52720

Comment

the lilliput came in the mail 2day! that was real fast postage

thanks nin and meddler

jthiani, i think i will go the fiberglass path.. ive done a fair bit in the past
                      View My Blog

Comment

Another car ready for the next melbourne meet
                        CarPC Status:
                        GPS: 99%
                        Hardware: 99%
                        Software: 92%
                        Case Install: 99.9%
                        Dash Install: 100%
                        Car Install: 72%

Comment

speaking of the melbourne meet, we might have to make one around early December. I usually head down to Winton raceway for a bike trackday. I should be able to extend the trip to come and see some of you guys.

Comment

Here are some pics.

1) The original unmodified surround. The one I ended up using was red. This brown one is the one in my ute at the moment. Yes the interior is brown But I tell you that the red interior the the donor facia came from is worse!!!

2) The screen. It's a 629GL. (new 2005 model)

3) Not a real good pic, but you can see that I have trimmed all the plastic around the back of where the radio sits

4) This is a better pic of what I have done. There was also a mount just above where the cig lighter goes that I removed to fit the screen. Circled in red.

5) Screen trial fitted. Still need to make the brackets to fit it properly.

I wanted to keep the screen intact to keep the warranty valid. Also I am going to make it stealth by making a plate to sit infront of the screen when I am not in the car. This plate will have a hacked front off an old stereo so that it is not too obvious. I have also used vinyl spray to change the colour of the surround to grey. I still have to finish off painting the black part of it when it stops raining.

Comment

top job.. i'm doing the very same thing.. im not up for these body filler jobs..
                              i wana try and make the screen angle up towards me a little.. i'll have to have a play.. but its goot to see it fits in pretty nicely.. thaks for them, hopefull i have something to show in the next few weeks.

and what bike you ride? I've got a NSR250 which ive had for about 2 years,, spend to much money on the pc to upgrade..
                              im in the long process of making it look clean again so i can sell it cus the k's are clocking up to fast..
                              View My Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X