Lada Carputer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lada Carputer

You can call me crazy if you want, I don't care... it's my car, I do what I want with it

Anyway, been lurking around here the last year or so, not been posting, just reading...

This is a project I started around april, and it's still on-going, mostly because I do a little here and a little there.

The install of the screen is finished, amp, speakers, pc-placement are all half-finished, I know where they're going sort of, but they're not there yet

Thought I'd give ya some pics, so here we go (taken with a phone-cam, because I don't own any other cam ). That panel where the radio is, is totally custom-made, by my dad. After all, he's alot more experienced in making stuff out of glass-fiber and well. He's good at crafting stuff.
    Everything is in working-order, but there's still a slight problem with grounding and a whineing sound when the engine's running + some weird screen-blurring probably caused by the same thing...

Just to point out: The car cost me almost 500€ less than all the electronics in it... even though it has a 1.7i engine, and is a -96
    Attached Files

really nice work on the screen install..
    •Micke

Comment

russian clean install

malodets, horoshaya tachka ona luche chem vsakie tam bla hondi :P

nado bilo tebe kupit zaporozets i postavit na nevo rims i bodykit :O on bi vigledel kak porche lol

Comment

Blingest Lada ever! nice

Comment

I have flashbacks to Hungary. Damn nice... Good ol' days... Keep up the good work

Comment

very nice install!!
            RIP 1993 civic sedan
            RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

I'm still trying to track down some unwanted noise, there's quite alot of it

I made the mistake of using some of the cars own ground-cables, simply because the lack of good grounding-points is well... big to say the least. I'm considering wiring everything directly to the battery, but I'm not quite sure...
              There's slight sound when the hd does some reading/writing and there's that annoying whine when the engine's running. The hd-sound I can live with, but the whine has to go somehow.

Picture is vibrating quite alot too, seems like it doesn't like the plastic in the bezel around it, when I take that away it stops for some reason
              First I thought it was caused by some electrical interference (bad ground? The ground-cable is thin as a hair, makes no difference if it's in or not, seems the screen grounds through the vga or usb, whichever is connected... ), but it does it every time I put it back in the bezel, even if the bezel isn't in the console. It's pretty much making my head spin.
              Are there any ground loop isolators for vga/usb cables around? I've tried but all I come up with is external soundcards and stuff like that...

Oh, I'm from Finland, and I don't speak a word of russian, my family's just into russian cars

Comment

Is the rear bumper an option on lada? Thats pretty dangerous for people driving behind you(the 2 beams that come out the rear).

Comment

We don't have those in the US, but I must say it's simply awesome !

Good job on the install too.

-Des!

Comment

Sorry for thinking it was an option, I didnt see pic 20, I guess its attached to the tailgate.

I see you have a few of those lada's.

Comment

The monitor looks nice... your dad did a good job
                      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Now the car has a value, that screen probably is worth more then the whole car

But your project came out good
                        Don't be a pilot between drivers, just a faster driver in a plane!!

Comment

it's not about what kind of car you drive, it's how proud you are of it... I used to have cars like that. The first car ever that i drove was a Romanian DACIA. I'll try to ind a pic of it. Than there's Trabant, Wartburg, and so forth...

Oh, and imagine, that this is the 2002 model The design didnt change in like 20 years. Check the one on the bottom out, that's how mine looked. that's an 1987 model...

Mine looked like this...

and the trabant...

So don't bash the good old kommunist cars...

Comment

Ahahaha, great job
                            00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                            Newest install - my quickest ever
                            My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                            My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Originally posted by BoyNextDoor
                              it's not about what kind of car you drive, it's how proud you are of it... I used to have cars like that. The first car ever that i drove was a Romanian DACIA. I'll try to ind a pic of it. Than there's Trabant, Wartburg, and so forth...

Oh, and imagine, that this is the 2002 model The design didnt change in like 20 years. Check the one on the bottom out, that's how mine looked. that's an 1987 model...
                              Mine looked like this...

and the trabant...

So don't bash the good old kommunist cars...
                              The trabant is cute

The car you say you had is fulgy...
                              PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                              GammaControl v2.4
                              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                              X