No announcement yet.

2000 Pontiac Sunfire, aka Geekfire

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Pontiac Sunfire, aka Geekfire

Sorry for some of the image tags, Im at work and had to use a free resizer. Ive got lots more pics, and you can check out my install blog at (need to resize images there)

Here are the specs for Version 3.0

Penitum 3 1.266 ghz cpu
    Asus Tusl-C motherboard
    512 mb Pc133 ram
    ATI rage 128 pro video card
    Soundblaster live sound card
    Linksys Wireless G usb adapter
    Antec 250 watt psu
    WD 20 gig 3.5" HD (OS)
    WD 60 gig 3.5" HD (MEDIA)
    Generic cd rom (until I get a slot load for the front)

Super 7" vga touchscreen lcd

Pioneer 100 watt amp

Vector 400w inverter

First up, the poor factory look

Next up is the replacement bezel, grabbed off of ebay for $13.00 shipped, painted with flat black (my interior is dark gray, and you can barely notice the dif)

The original computer in all of its glory, lots of different components (its a long story, see the blog)

After getting the lcd in, I had to hack away at the repainted bezel, cut a little off the bottom above the AC control area.

Add a little bondo glass to the back, wow, this stuff is messy.

A little bondo glass on the front, looks like ****

Held the back of the lcd in with pieces of plastic made into tabs (the hard p lastic that memory/hard drives come in) This doesnt show it all, but there are tabs on all corners.

A rough look of the lcd in and working, I went back and did some more bondo to the front after this.

What the carputer looks like now in the trunk (making a custom case this weekend, this is not a ideal look, lmfao.

Screen installed and working, I know the bezel could have been worked on a bit more, but I am impatient.

There is tons more to come on here, I had alot of problems that I will try to explain a bit after I get some more pics up.
    2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

Hey Bro....know you had some set backs from following the other thread and seeing your blog....Glad to see you got it up and running. That's got to be an awesome feeling.

Not sure how, I somehow thought you had a mazda 3.. (not sure why)...go figure.

Anyway man...looks good and it works! Now, let's see you get the trunk cleaned up and then if the mood strikes you, a little bit more time on the bezel finish ;-)

damn bro, fix the trunk

Looking good.

Do you have an 2 or 4 Door? If you have a two door you could install everything behind the panel below the small rear windows. I was super cleaning the inside today and noticed it would be a great spot. I pulled the panel off and found it is just filled with foam blocks, lots of room to hide a computer or amp.

I was right, GM changed the interior in 2000. I'll have to take a picture later.

I am hoping to add a din slot under the A/C controls for a head unit and mount a 7" where the old radio was.

How well does the color match?

Originally posted by Tidder
        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
        Digital-Car UK|

Originally posted by kickercivic1
          damn bro, fix the trunk
          hehe, thats on its way, its a must, its affecting performance and grocery shopping as well!

the wife said "Where the **** are we gonna put our groceries now?"

Od, I have a 4 door....two kids....

Bumping this back up, Its about to get a major facelift

Where in Arkansas are ya?
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Lepanto, near Jonesboro