Citroen Xsara '04 carputer :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citroen Xsara '04 carputer :)

Hey guys.. I'm new in the forum but it didn't took me much time to have my first carputer project almost done!

The system is a:
    Xenarc 7" 700TSV monitor
    [email protected]
    512ram
    40gb SATA HDD (for the OS only)
    1gb CF disc (for the mp3s and vid clips 'cause I don't want to stress my HDD while driving - my koni absorbers are not gentle at all)
    600watt inverter
    450watt PSU

I've changed the place of the factory trip computer I've canceled the asstray and I've made a base for the tweeters to bring their sound directrly to the cabin.. also a USB2.0 card-reader is just below the trip computer..

My system runs the RoadRunner frontend with the ZdGrey skin...

...and this is it

Info about my ICE and the mods on the trunk will be posted in the future

cheers,
    rot.-
    Xsara VTS carputer-ed!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56913

nice install..... I wish I could get one.....

EDIT: What state/country are you in? Never seen the brand here in Tennessee, USA.....

EDIT2: never mind, I see it!

Comment

read his profile, he's in greece. Citroen is a european brand

on that note... would it be cost-effective to import a car like a citroen or peugot to the usa?

Comment

where is the carputer?

Comment

whoo! Nice to see my skin in another car than my own, I hope you like it! (if you got suggestions / questions please let me know!)

The screen looks good, got any pictures on how you mounted it? The car looks awesome too, very nice bumpers and skirts

Originally posted by psykopyro
          on that note... would it be cost-effective to import a car like a citroen or peugot to the usa?
          Aren't there any Peugeot or CitroŽn dealers in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by kickercivic1
            where is the carputer?
            It's on the trunk but the construction is not totally ready yet and it's not so clean install..

Originally posted by Meelobee
            whoo! Nice to see my skin in another car than my own, I hope you like it! (if you got suggestions / questions please let me know!)

The screen looks good, got any pictures on how you mounted it? The car looks awesome too, very nice bumpers and skirts

The constructions on the dash are made by polyester (I don't know if this is the correct name of the material in english)... **unfortunatelly** (for illustration purposes) all the work was made by a friend professional ICE installer so I don't have photos of the progress..

And excuse me.. why to buy a Citroen in US, there are soooo many other nice and fast cars over there!! The car was nothing like it looks when I bought it and I spit blood to make it look.. nice :P

Meelobee there are two things that I do not integrade in RR yet.. that is Radio and OBD2 stuff... I have the avermedia usb dongle and OBD interface, but none of them are compatible with RR at all ...so no worries about reqs on your skin.. and thanks again, it really rocks!!
            Xsara VTS carputer-ed!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56913

Comment

Nice install! Looks very professional
              PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by Meelobee

NOPE! The closest to those brands we go are rebadged Opel's through GM!
                Panelrodder
                1953 GMC Panel Truck
                2007 Pontiac G6
                2008 Chevrolet Silverado
                www.lunacium.com

Comment

Working...
                X