Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laforza car computer project

Hi,

I am new to this forum (at list for posting) and I just want it to show my finish car-computer.
    First of all, I like to thanks everybody on this forum for all the information, software and suggestions I was able to obtain.
    I actually finish this project almost a year ago and it is working pretty well, at list for my needs.
    You can check it out on my site dedicated to Laforza and Magnum 4x4 from Rayton Fissore. (Under carcomputer)
    My car it is an Italian off-road that have been designed 20 years ago.
    You can find plenty of info on my site.
    Please let me know what do you think. This is my first project.

www.laforzafissore4x4.bravehost.com

Error: Daily Bandwidth Allocation Exceeded
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
      Error: Daily Bandwidth Allocation Exceeded
      Me Too. I guess he wasn;t expectinig us to actually check the site out.

The Laforza is nice. My Ex's uncle has one, HERE IN THE STATES. But, it is old.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Sorry for the crappy Daily Bandwidth, I am posting some pictures so that you guys can see it.

The all system is based on:

Travla C137
        Epia M10000
        512 DDRAM
        DVD CDrom
        HDD 40gb
        Earthmate gps
        ITPS
        Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
        Attached Files

Comment

Some other pictures of my 89 Laforzas....
          The original design it is from Tom Tjiarda and have been created in 1983-4.
          First production was 1985. The design was practically retain identical untill 1999-2000.
          Only about 950 in USA since 89 and 3600 in total.
          Thanks again to everybody on this forum for all the help and answer I found
          Attached Files

Comment

I checked it out before it ranout of bandwidth, looked very nice. Quite an unusual car to have it in as well.
            I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

Thanks rushnrockt and everybody else,
              Next one is going to be with out the head unit, a more powerful cpu and attached directly to an amplifier. So that the screen will be in the center maybe bigger.
              Ciao

Comment

wasn't that the SUV that was designed by a guy at Ferrari?

I considered buying one once, but decided not to because of lack of replacement/maintenance parts in the US due to being so rare here. there was an article about it which said it was the first (and only?) vehicle to ever crash THROUGH THE WALL during federal crash testing.

Comment

Yes the frame and the over all body it is very strong. I personally have seen the original Magnum 4x4 that have been used for the crash test (CSI) and the passenger cell was completely intact. I do not know if went trough the barrier or it is just a myth but it is a 4ton frame and the weight of the car it is around 7000 pounds with a full tank and the driver.
                  The spare parts are not hard to get also because the engine (with all related accessories) transmission and transfer case are American. The Frame is from a military truck, the IVECO (VM 90 4x4) so all the parts related (suspensions, differentials, stabilizer bars etc.) are also not difficult to get. The only parts that are a little more rare are the body and interior parts but there are several sources in Italy and in USA as well.
                  I use mine as a daily driver and never let me down since 4 years and 90000miles.

Ciao

Comment

it resembles the Fiat Uno. Like a Fiat Uno SUV... nice install non the less...

Comment

To be accurate this was what every jealous persons with a fiat uno was saying he he….. Non the less the design was from Tom Tjaarda that was also at the head of the design department for Fiat for couple of years. The Lancia Thema /Saab were design by him as well as the development of the Uno. This is a site were you can check his creations:

http://www.tom-tjaarda.net/cars.htm

I think that this particular car was very advance for the era “1984” and the first, to use car like future, almost 20 years before VW, Porsche, Land Rover, Ford or Chevrolet with their respective SUV .The second version of the Range “1994” it is virtually a copy.
                      Thanks for the comment

Comment

a-ham... nope, the p38 is a design much advanced IMHO, and although it does borrow slightly from tjaarda's design, I think that the inspiration comes much more from the classics...

are these things still manufactured? how is the suspension? I couldnt find info and very little interior pics...
                        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Ciao Roy,
                          Hey I had a Range classic in 86 4door FI. I see that you have a 94 Model year.Well "advanced" it is a relative word but .... My site it is a good source of pictures of the interior and info on the parts etc. but unfortunately I have a ridiculous daily bandwidth.

Any way here are some pictures.

The first Pic. is a laforza 4.9 V8 supercharged (335hp) 1998
                          the second is a 1986 2.5 V6 version interior.
                          number 3 it is the IVECO 4x4 4ton. Same frame and differentials and suspension
                          number 4 is a 89 5.0V8 red Laforza
                          5) a 98 model year with the 4.9 V8
                          Attached Files

Comment

cool laforzz... your is the supercharged?

my rangie is 99! p38 not classic heheheh.... do these trucks have air susp?
                            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Working...
                            X