First Project - f150

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Project - f150

Hey everyone. How's it going? I just wanted to see what everyone thinks of my first project. Right now I'm waiting for my digitalww lilliput 8" case for my dash. So I decided to remove a few things on the current radio bezel. I smoothed out the small grooves on the lower left and right portion. I also filled in a half dollar sized hole that was in the lower left side. It's my first project but I think it's coming along fairly well. Once I get the lilliput case in, I will remove the middle cross member and mold in the case. Then I'm going to finish it off with some icing to get rid of the small imperfections. Here are some pics.

Looks like a nice start!

Keep it up and keep posting

Maybe resize pictures a bit...
    List of front-ends/usefull apps
    XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

*Mental note* Resize pictures.
      Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

The bezel is looking nice

Keep us updated.

Edit: Just Noticed : You posted in the wrong section (shouldve been in worklog). But the mods are nice and will move it for you

Comment

Looking great. I wish I could find a retailer with a good epoxy section. Guess im stuck with bondo and fiberglass. Keep it up.

Comment

This should be in Worklogs.... this forum is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY

nice car btw, is it the 2005?
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Lol calm down RoyN I already mentioned it :P

Comment

, hehehe I was trying out the font stuff, I always get mixed up with the size (i confuse with the HTML <H1> being biggest and <H7> being smallest)

And I didnt see your eidt, had the page open for a while I guess
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jcarere
                  Looking great. I wish I could find a retailer with a good epoxy section. Guess im stuck with bondo and fiberglass. Keep it up.
                  The stuff I'm using is from home depot, its nothing special. I was not sure if it was going to work but so far it is. Was only $3 for the tube.

Oh and sorry for posting in the wrong forum, I did not see the sub forum for worklog.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                    This should be in Worklogs.... this forum is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY

nice car btw, is it the 2005?

Its a 2004 svt f150.

Comment

Update

So after getting the lilliput case in from digitalww I got is secured and started to build up the sides.

After some sanding and a couple coats of bondo I wanted to see how it was coming along. So I sprayed a coat of primer down. I think for my first time its coming along well. I still have a lot of work to do, the primer really helps bring out any flaws.

Oh, and I still dont know why this has not yet been moved to worklogs, can a mod move it for me?

Cody

Comment

Looks good, but could do with some more filling/sanding on the screen bezel area to finish it off nicely.

Good work.
                        Phase II Peugeot 306 GLX TD

VGA/USB Leads - DONE
                        Power - Wiring ordered, waiting on info about M1-ATX
                        Screen - Not started
                        Boot - 40%
                        Hardware - 35% - 1.4ghz Duron, 20gig hdd (for now! )

Overall Progress = 30%

www.306carputer.co.uk

Comment

Needs a few touch ups(by the buttons ) . But Looks good!

Comment

Yes it surely does need some more work. My hands were tired and it was getting late so I decided to throw on a primer coat and snap a pic. Hopefully I can have it done soon.

Comment

Where are you relocating your radio and hvac controls? I have an expedition and am using the exact same setup. I have had the same screen for several weeks but have been debating on where to mount it. Looks good so far keep up the good work.

Todd
                              EPIA MII 1200, M1-ATX PSU, 1GB PC2100, 80 gig Hitachi HD, Pioneer DVD-RW, Delorme GPS, Lilliput 8"

Comment

Working...
                              X