Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW e46 w/Mac Mini (mobyCar)

Hi guys,

Thought I'll share some pic of the install.

Features:

1. Steering wheel integration
    2. Knob control (iDrive style)
    3. Dashboard software for Mac Mini
    4. Moulded Bezel but leather wrapped.

More pics @ http://www.mobycar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=54

Cheers!

nice car, not to be an ******* but you could of put alittle more time into that dash peice.

Comment

hmmm maybe the leather wrap isnt turning out as well....???

the original piece looks like that, we've moulded a few pieces with plastic, so its strong and light...
      Attached Files

Comment

the molded peice looks really nice. but I think you need to wrap to leather tighter and dont use foam inbetween.

Comment

or just paint it with black textured trim-paint.

Comment

yeah when we wrapped it, it was fine... i'm not sure if the heating and contraction while in the car had anything to do with it...

Comment

sorry to post whore but the top of the trim peice looks like its sagging down and the corners dont match the openings.

Comment

what process did you perform to mold the peice? just wondering...

Comment

ah this was one of the detective units.... the others are fine... they dont sag...
                  silicon mould?

Comment

Nice work! I was curious, what is the silver knob for again? What does it control? Thanks!

Comment

Bezel needs some additional workaround,,,could be better

Janus
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44885
                      CTF-H, Janus VA Case, AsusµATX M2N-VM,AMD Dual-Core 5000, Hitachi 7200 2,5", Carnetix 1240, Hifonics Zeus, Alpine Class-A 3558, Eton 16, Eton 13 Center, Eton 12" Eton 12-680/62 HEX

Comment

nickrd, that's the "iDrive" it controls our dashboard software for all the functionalities.

Janus, how do you suggest i improve that? i'll give it a shot ...

Comment

just check out some of the other BMW threads. I think one guy even sells the peice finished.

Comment

such as this: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...bmw+dash+peice

Comment

Escalade182 - There's a little button called the edit key. Try using it instead of cluttering the entire thread.

PiperClub - What exactly are you using the i-drive style knob for? Does it move forward and backward like a joystick as well?

I believe you had the right idea with the bezel, but sometimes, it just doesn't turn out. I'd suggest getting some duplicolor, or something to that nature, and painting it the factory dash trim color. That way, it'd look much cleaner.

Comment

Working...
                              X