The granny killer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The granny killer

Not many people have taken a taurus, a boggy standard old *****ers car and made it into an animal.

I used to reside in the UK (Ill not say that anymore ) and love the shape of the early 90s sapphire cosworths.

When I first arrived in the USA my wife had this taurus, we got up to alot of erm things in it see

So I kinda fell in love with it, and fondly named it Terry.

However, doing over 100 on the expressway the head gaskets took a *****.

Ford replaced them, good lads.. but then it developed brake problems and started to become a chore for the wife who was working full time and couldnt rely on it.

So she went and got a focus (aka *****us, what a bag of mexican made crap) and now has a 04 malibu lt (lovely car).

OK enough waffling from moi, here's what I have been up to for the past few months, she sat in a field for 2 years and looked really sorry for herself, so it was time to bust some *** and go beserk, house of kolor, sick exhaust system, cold air intake, chip and soon a port polish.

She will be a granny killer....

Shot one, this was after sanding and glaze, this is about 3 months of work in over 90 degree temps with sick humidity, nothing will stop me sorting this motor out.
    Attached Files
    So guys, do you think this will help me score with chicks?

"If you give this man a ride sweet families will die, KILLER on the road"

http://www.fruitsim.com/killer.jpg

btw youll note how in another thread I stated I HATE *****ING RATTLES from audio systems, well I also HATE *****ING BADGES AND NAMES. ahem, so all of those have been removed, I have ordered a union jack ford badge from the UK and will have granny killer graphics made for the tailgate.

I also plan to add a nice subtle spoiler, possibly from an SHO.
    Attached Files

Comment

The roof was up the *****ter, totally and utterly up the *****ter.

So the whole thing was stripped with stripper and a 3M attatchment for the drill.

I cannot over emphasise how much this part of the job sucked balls, I can only leave you to summise the kind of words that were streaming from my mouth as I partook on this bit.

The c u next tuesday word came out alot, and the dog learned to come when I yelled it out which tbh was one of the things that kept me going.

Never EVER again, you see them tossers doing this ***** on the telly and a week later they have a car, well that's *****ing b*ollocks.

One finished roof
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's the exhaust I added, it's a bit low and needs to be adjusted, I just havent had the time yet, yet.

I will tho
        Attached Files

Comment

OK so alot of you are probably laughing right now, I mean who in their right mind takes a piece of ***** old car like a taurus and does this to it?

ME.

When it comes to cars and audio systems I do not mess, mock me all you like but my vision of the end product has never EVER been wrong.

Now, a quick mention on house of kolor paint.. its INCREDIBLE.

I went to a local paint place to look at paint and they were telling me I would need a gallon of sprayable per stage, I plan on a 4 stage paint system.

I thought that sounded like alot so decided to bite the bullet and go with house of kolor.

I ordered 3 quarts sprayable per stage, I will explain below those stages.

My brother in law who is painting it (I am allergic to reducers ) phoned me the other afternoon after putting down the primer and exclaimed "this is the best *****ing paint Ive ever EVER painted with".

Proof? here's the car with ONE QUART of primer on it.

Totally and utterly unbelievable !

BTW. laugh all you like, when it's dropped on it's *** and carrying 18" foose spacks Ill have the last laugh.
          Attached Files

Comment

Paint system details.

Stage one : House of Kolor direct to metal primer.

Stage two : House of kolor shimrin BC-25 flat black.

Stage three : House of kolor SG-100 intercoat clear mixed with raspberry dry pearls and 2oz of red to blue kameleon kolor.

Stage four : house of kolor kosmic klear.

Total paint cost with free delivery was $280, why use *****ty paint??

Comment

crap, just noted ive put this entire lot in the wrong place

Sorry, can you move it please? danke

Comment

How much money do you have tied into this Ford?
                www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Originally posted by SnyperBob
                  How much money do you have tied into this Ford?
                  Car cost : nothing.

Audio system cost : nothing.

Internal lighting (neons hidden all over the place) : nothing.

Exhaust : $36 shipped (ebay)

Cold air intake : $20.

Paint : $280.

Cold air chip : $8 shipped.

My friend donated me a 04 hyundai tiburon DIN stereo, it's an infinity and perfect for me because it looks shat, but sounds great.

I am the king of stealth, 99% of what's going on will be hidden, even the paint will be subtle.

I cant put into words how awesome the car is, it starts first time every time, had new brakes, new alternator, new shocks and springs, engine rebuild and etc before I got it.

So far it owes me very little, goes very fast and will look killer

Edit : $30 in metal glaze and sandpaper

Comment

btw just for a laugh, the lawnmower behind the car is worth about 7 times as much as the car lmao

Comment

Originally posted by pandy
                      I cant put into words how awesome the car is
                      That's cool. A lotta people say bad things about Fords. I wish they understood how nice of cars they are after:

had new brakes, new alternator, new shocks and springs, engine rebuild and etc before I got it.

Just kidding with ya, I own/drive a Ford too. I'm glad to see you're passionate about your ride like everyone else is here. Definately keep us posted with new pics, and if you'd like to add your car to my site, let me know!

www.mobile-effects.com
                      www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

I used to reside in the UK (Ill not say that anymore ) and love the shape of the early 90s sapphire cosworths..

I also plan to add a nice subtle spoiler, possibly from an SHO.

I don't think you get the whole cosworth thing. It's supposed have some **** off spoiler not a nice subtle one

side note, yes I know that is the hatchback version and you have a saphire version.

Comment

looks good so far, id like to see sound system in place

Comment

I've done some house of color work..... let me tell you, the stuff is awsome, but it doesn't go very far..... most normal paints are 1:1 1/2- 1:2 mix ratio..... the hok stuff is 1:1/2... it takes a lot of material to do a job w this stuff.... my guess is the guys estimate of a gallon each stage is a little on the conservative side... if you try to do this with only 3qts each you may run into problems with uneven coverage..... especially what you are calling stage 3 (which is really stage 2, the primer don't count, technically this is a three stage paint job)

another thing to keep in mind is when working with the 2nd stage, because it is translucent you have a lot of problems with even coverage... if youv'e never worked with it before be extra carful of this.... if you paint it like normal you can wind up with a lot of headaches.... for example if you spray a jamb you will overspray the qtr... then when you spray the side the qtr will have an extra coat.... end result is the qtr don't match the door right next to it.....

there are other points of note here.... for example overlap is an issue..... don't mean to turn this into a paint lesson, & maybe your guy isa good enough to know most of this..... but I can tell you that it is EXTEMELY difficult to get excellent results the first time working with this stuff..... you have to be very cautious of even coats in the 2nd(translucent) stage..... also this goes back to using a lot of material..... to really have even coverage you will need at least three nice coats..... a gallon is very conservative est....

good luck...
                            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

LOL, seems the only way a Ford is any good is after you replace all its moving parts.

Strike one for US.
                              (All done)
                              iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Working...
                              X