1998 Ford F-150 Install (pics!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Ford F-150 Install (pics!)

Here is my install of my 98 F-150.. I have a 8" lilliput that I mounted where the radio and HVAC stuff was, and moved that to the center console, which is out of an Expedition.. The computer is a 1ghz celeron, 512mb ram, and a 40gb hdd (for now anyway) the computer is mounted in the cd changer enclosure, so you wouldn't know if you didn't know, you know? anyhow, here is a pic of the truck:

Here is the screen:

and here is the computer:

I don't have any pics of the finished console yet, but here is everything mounted in place, just need some bondo now!

Let me know what you think!
    -Jason

consol looks good so far....good job
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

Nice setup, nice truck

Comment

holy chit! thats bad ***..... i would love to do that to mine. only I would hate to have to move my auto a/c controls. I would probably opt to do the same thing only with a 16:9 7" and sink it into the dash like you did.
        Randell Kelly

Comment

dude, your truck is bad ***. nice install too, i presonally like installs where people can tell that it isnt stock (in a good way)
          96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
          Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

Comment

I saw your truck in one of the F150 forums. Nice work there! Im going to be reinstalling mine in a 2004 under the back seat. The shuttle fits there without a millimeter to spare. Just have to wire it up and she will be ready to go. This will be my 3rd car of mine i will have a carputer in.

Any ideas where the 7" lcd should go??
            2004 F-150
            Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
            "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Thanks for the comments!
              It really was not hard at all to move the a/c controls, and totally worth it in my opinion, 7" was just not going to be big enough for me!
              Razor, I have not really looked at the 04-05 f150's enough to give you an idea on where to mount it, but good luck, I am sure it will turn out great!

Comment

dash

hey did u do the dash mod your self or did u get some one to do it? i am deployed to iraq right now and cant wait to get home to start on my carpc.

Michael

Comment

I did every thing myself, firstmtime doing it, i think it turned out pretty niice!

Comment

Nice Setup! :P

Comment

Love the TRUCK!!! Beautiful altogether!!
                      VER. 3.0- Check out below:
                      車コンピュータ 3.0

Comment

Is that a radio above the climate controls?
                        My Yahoo Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/signalsweepers
                        My Web Page http://www.geocities.com/maltshopmemories/
                        My Webshots http://community.webshots.com/user/signalsweeper

Comment

yes, it is a radio, and a DVD player, I kept it for the radio and DVD player and such, I might take it out later, but thats what I did for now!

Comment

truck looks sick in my opinion. what rims / tires are those? look like nuracing rims, im about to buy a set just like those and run them on my blazer.

Comment

Thanks! The wheels are 16x10 Eagle 058's and the tires are 35-12.5/16 BFG A/T's

Comment

Working...
                              X