1997 Jeep Cherokee Finished (kinda)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Jeep Cherokee Finished (kinda)

Well, after reading this site for the last couple of months, I finally have my machine up and running. I have a 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4X4, with an integrated 8 inch VGA TS, Via Epia C3 mini ITX mobo in a Voom PC case with a M1ATX PS. I'm using XP Pro, with Roadrunner right now, but I'm going to load Frodo and see how that works. I am pretty impressed right now, as I've taken it off road several times here in Hawaii and had no problems with vibration yet. So I guess you could say I'm finished for now, but I've already got a few upgrades in mind.
    Attached Files

Nice job on the screen fabrication...do you have any more pics of the PC and the case?

Motherboard: Epox MATX
    Power: M2-ATX
    Storage: 120gb 3.5"
    Optical: Slim Slot cdrw/dvd
    Audio: SB Audigy 2
    GPS: BU-353 & iGuidance 4
    Frontend: Roadrunner (DFX 3 & 4)

Comment

Comment

Case pics

I do, but they are low res camera phone pics, The case is nothing special really, just a standard zoompc amp style case. I mounted it inverted under the passenger seat and actually incorporated it into the seats suspension to provide an extra layer of shock absorption. I also installed a momentary switch (the red switch on the bottom, by the power outlets) so you can manually reboot.

Comment

i like it alot. however i would have recessed the top of the screen farther back to give yo a better viewing angle
          i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

The viewing angle is suprisingly good, these pictures were taken a little past noon in Hawaii on a very sunny day. I have super dark tint, so viewing has yet to be a problem.

Comment

Sweet!

My 97 jeep could use something like that!

I had my fluids flushed and replaced today. Gotta keep it rollin'!

good job with your custom.

Comment

Don't take the red pill (button)

I take it your 97 did not come with the foglamps. Is that how you found room for the reboot switch?

I have the Country Edition, and have little room for extras. That is a brilliant idea, Boss!

Comment

Originally posted by XJCherokee View Post
                  I mounted it inverted under the passenger seat
                  Do you do many stream crossings? I thought about mounting mine there as well, but I was worried that flooding the floorboards with murky water wouldn't do the PC much good.
                  '99 Jeep XJ - 4" Lift/35's - 15"/Shuttle

Comment

Originally posted by Twiek View Post
                    Do you do many stream crossings? I thought about mounting mine there as well, but I was worried that flooding the floorboards with murky water wouldn't do the PC much good.
                    I do occasionally, but never to the point of saturation. I guess high on the back of rear passenger seat would be the best place to mount the case if you're worried about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X