Finished Corsa C Car-Puter Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Corsa C Car-Puter Install

Hi ppl, i've been on here for a little while now, so i thort i'd share with you my finished install....Also a few pics of the car to show wot its inside.

Pics of the car...

Pics of the install...
    From....

To....

Fitted....

Had to relocate the hazard switch (needs tidying up a bit)

The install has also been shown in the December edition of "Fast and Modified's" car pc article in their ICE special (its a Scottish mag).

So thats it, let me know what you think, hope u all like.

Cheers,
    Dave

Nice! Looks very good.
    There ain't no need to cry. Time's up. It's time to die....

Comment

That is one clean install Great Job!
      Cars
      1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

Car PC
      Planning

Comment

wow - very very impressive - Your set-up is beautiful - Clean - Neat - and just awesome...
        I love your interior - love your Front-End - love your car -
        VER. 3.0- Check out below:
        車コンピュータ 3.0

Comment

Sweet!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That is one nice *** install... you went into grea effort to pull this off. Congrats...

How long did you work on it? what's the final cost? any special things that are not lke regular car-pc's? Oh and congrats on the magazine coverage... nice car... i wish they had those over here...

Comment

That's one great install!!!

Comment

That is sweet!!! I have my pc in the glovebox, too. How are you dealing with ventilation?
                CarPC #3: 99% Complete
                Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
                DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
                OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
                Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
                500+ full albums
                4,000+ video games
                music videos, movies, & more!
                old carPC

Comment

very nice job.. so you have no center vents anymore or was that relocated too?

--mike
                  CarPC

Comment

Originally posted by BoyNextDoor
                    How long did you work on it? what's the final cost? any special things that are not lke regular car-pc's? Oh and congrats on the magazine coverage... nice car... i wish they had those over here...
                    I spent about 25hrs making the dash screen housing (1st time i'd ever done anything like this), i didnt really add up the time it took to build the pc, but it was a simple mini-itx bundle, so it all worked fine once put together. I think its pretty much the same as most car-pc's to be honest, music, dvd, internet, webcam facing out the back, sat nav, speed camera detector, and soon to include odbII software as well.

Originally posted by ITL
                    How are you dealing with ventilation?
                    Apart from drilling holes either side of the glove box, so the air can be sucked in one side and then blown out the other, i havnt really done anything for the ventilation. It seems to work fine as it is. Only time i think it got a little too hot was when it was on for 2hrs straight when it jus shut itself down. Eventually i will use a purely cold air feed and send it to the air intake side of the glove box to help it keep a bit cooler.

Originally posted by leemik
                    so you have no center vents anymore or was that relocated too?
                    Nope i blocked the centre vents off, so the air didnt blow onto the back of the screen and melt it the air jus gets forced out of the other vents and all works as normal (i never used the centre vents anyway)

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you all like it!

Dave

Comment

Nice car! NICE INSTALL! This just gave me even more ideas about my own car

Which Front End/skin are you using?

Comment

awesome install... i'd love to know more about that voltage meter in the glove compartment and also on the head unit
                        My Site: http://www.reinerweb.us
                        My Car : http://members.cardomain.com/reiner15

Car Computer Alias - TekPC
                        Current Progress - - Brainstorming

Comment

Originally posted by proximo
                          Which Front End/skin are you using?
                          Its Mobile Impact, using the standard skin.

Originally posted by reiner15
                          i'd love to know more about that voltage meter in the glove compartment and also on the head unit
                          the volt meter is just a normal smoked meter off ebay. bout £30 i think, ive jus wired it pretty much straight of the battery, so i know exactly wot its holding. The meter on the stereo is the same but i don't know how its wired as it came with the stereo, which is the new blutooth stereo pioneer have released.

Thanks for the comments

Comment

sexy sexy sexy sexy install the best ive seen in a while gj you should be very proud looks better than stalk

Comment

looks amazing mate a job well done

Comment

Working...
                              X