1999 Honda Prelude 56k beware!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Honda Prelude 56k beware!!!!

Sup peeps, I'm in a bit of a spot. I'm thinking about scraping the computer in car idea. I never really get it working like I know I could. (lazy i guess)
    I'm almost thinking about going back to the standard A/V setup and call it a day. But I can't really let the idea of a carputer good. You guys have done some wonderful setups which is pulling at me. I have my current setup torn out and I'm just running an Mp4 player as my stereo.

I believe the problem was that I did a rush job to get it complete and lost interest. But know I have some time to work on it and I'm rebuilding it.

List of components

Micro atx motherboard
    2.8 ghz processor
    512 meg of ram
    80 gig HD
    7" touchscreen
    15" flat screen mounted on trunk lid
    Delorme Earthmate GPS with street atlas usa
    Cisco wirless adapter
    bluetooth adpater for my motorla fone (internet)
    I'm using centerfuse for my frontend. However I'm thinking about going back to media engine ( made a custom skin) Or I'm gonna try RR.

looks good, but your pictures need to be resized.
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

Looks like your passenger headlight is cloudy
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Nice work, nice girls too ;-)

The screen in the front could do with some fabrication...

Nice car also
        List of front-ends/usefull apps
        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Yea, I need to resize the pics, get a new passenger headlight, and do some work on the screen.

Comment

Damn 56k!

Comment

nice job on the trunk lid.
              2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE - My cardomain page.

Comment

Wow....it's not just 56k beware...everyone except T1 beware.

Comment

[email protected]

Comment

man

great job..i am working on my 1997 prelude right now...still in planning phases

Comment

you don't need a new pass headlight - try mother's aluminum polish + elbow grease... rub hard for a little while. It will get rid of the cloudyness, but still leave it somewhat hazy.. Then take mother's plastic polish and rub again and it should come out pretty clear.

Nice car tho - don't give up on the car pc so easily.
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/dapcwiz | http://www.dapcwiz.com

Comment

Originally posted by DaPCWiz
                        you don't need a new pass headlight - try mother's aluminum polish + elbow grease... rub hard for a little while. It will get rid of the cloudyness, but still leave it somewhat hazy.. Then take mother's plastic polish and rub again and it should come out pretty clear.

Nice car tho - don't give up on the car pc so easily.
                        Nothing beats getting a new light.
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                          Nothing beats getting a new light.
                          yeah but then I bet it'll look nicer than the other one not to mention headlights are $$$

Comment

Originally posted by DaPCWiz
                            yeah but then I bet it'll look nicer than the other one not to mention headlights are $$$
                            I don't see anything wrong with the other one

When I got my car, it had 5 out of the 6 lights were yellow. I did the rubbing thingie with polish, scratch remover, and even sand paper. Well, the lights were still considerably yellow compared to the new light, but they did clear up.
                            So that's were I got my "nothing beats getting a new light" statement from
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                              I don't see anything wrong with the other one

When I got my car, it had 5 out of the 6 lights were yellow. I did the rubbing thingie with polish, scratch remover, and even sand paper. Well, the lights were still considerably yellow compared to the new light, but they did clear up.
                              So that's were I got my "nothing beats getting a new light" statement from
                              eh I guess I'm just picky... a new light is never "identical" to an aged light. like someone backed into my friend's 2000 corolla and the only damage was the headlight. I replaced it for him, and he thought it looked great, but it annoyed me that they weren't exactly the same "newness".... idk.. just me... anyway I digress...

Comment

Working...
                              X