Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new carputer setup - 95% done! (pics inside)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new carputer setup - 95% done! (pics inside)

I'm finally almost done! Ive been holding off showing pictures because I want it to be complete but I am almost there! I want to give a thanks to Rich (SrCsTc) for supplying me with the most amazing bezel I have ever seen. His craftsmanship is amazing and his help with the project was great! I would also like to thank 3onDubs for helping me with a lot of the technical stuff. Also a shoutout to mp3car.com for their help. No on with the pictures!
    Please excuse the dirtyness of the car....i just finished working on it and need to clean it up!

This is the power button for the laptop.

I need a better way to keep the laptop in the back.....any suggestions?
    The project was very difficult but fun to do but tedious....i integrated the sound through the stock HK amp until i have more money to update the sound system. I used the SVEN4 to do this...the rest of my system consists of the "Super Touch Screen" from ebay....Rich's Bezel....a vaio laptop.....small usb keyboard....usb radio reciever....garmin 18 usb gps system....4 port usb hub....lots of usb extension wires....iBus for steering wheel controls (amazing)
    and much more....the whole install took days to do but I also worked in it in pieces....I am also going to be adding a DVD drive in the glove box...just need extension wires...if you have any questions just ask!

Nice work on the screen....the 'super' brand looks a lot better than i expected.

Motherboard: Epox MATX
    Power: M2-ATX
    Storage: 120gb 3.5"
    Optical: Slim Slot cdrw/dvd
    Audio: SB Audigy 2
    GPS: BU-353 & iGuidance 4
    Frontend: Roadrunner (DFX 3 & 4)

Comment

It looks very nice. Could you give us the hardware and software details. I'm especially interested in the mini keyboard and iBus steering wheel controls.

I'm just starting on putting a car pc in my Aztek.

Comment

You haven't mentioned the BMW that you have

From the pics, it looks like the LCD is not running at its native resolution
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo759
          iBus for steering wheel controls (amazing)
          and much more....
          Hey I'd love to get more infor on this if you have time... hit me up on AIM sometime - screen name's BJBisinger ... thanks!
          -Brad
          83 mp320i
          99 mp323i
          _________

7" Lilliput w/Touch, 150 W Opus, 2.4ghz P4 533fsb, 512 DDR 333mhz, GPS, WiFi Inet, 40g Maxtor 7200rpm, Laptop DVD/CD-RW w/USB2.0 Bridge, WinXP Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l

Which model is it?

The install looks good, but like he said, the picture looks rough.
            CarPC #3: 99% Complete
            Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
            DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
            OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
            Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
            500+ full albums
            4,000+ video games
            music videos, movies, & more!
            old carPC

Comment

wiring and Power

Just curious how what power option did you choose

Also where did you run the wires through from your trunk to te front
              04 Corolla CARPC

Progress: 95% done (its never done)

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97518

Comment

Looks nice. For some other ideas on how to mount the laptop in the trunk, check out my install log/pics.
                My install log
                My "selling entire system" thread

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l

I'd say it's a 2003 330Ci (coupe)?
                  My install log
                  My "selling entire system" thread

Comment

Thanks for all of the compliments!!
                    The car is a 2001 Dinan 325Ci
                    The screen is crystal clear, i just think the camera took weird.....
                    All of the wires run through the armrest and under the carpet...i had to cut some of the foam out to make it flush....then into the trunk under the back seat.
                    It works great! Thanks for all of your help!

Comment

how did u hook up a power button ur viao laptop. i would viao love to do that to my viao in my bimmer.
                      CLICK ME FOR BMW CARPUTERS

95 Avus M3
                      Mods: ;-)
                      Carputer: Lilliput 619, GPS= LT-20 Receiver, IGuidance 3 & Streets & Atlas 2K6, RR Front End, Removable Dell Inspiron Laptop, More to come........

Comment

Originally posted by bimmeracer
                        how did u hook up a power button ur viao laptop. i would viao love to do that to my viao in my bimmer.
                        had to solder the new button to the board where the existing button is...very easy

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo759
                          my system consists of the "Super Touch Screen" from ebay...
                          Are talking about the SP-719 as depicted here?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1

Any trouble with the position of the cable or were you able to reposition to fit?

I also have a E46 with HK and that bezel.

Comment

where did u place ur gps receiver. I have the same unit & can't decide on where to put it.

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
                            CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
                            Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

Originally posted by dasha877
                              Are talking about the SP-719 as depicted here?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1

Any trouble with the position of the cable or were you able to reposition to fit?

I also have a E46 with HK and that bezel.
                              Yup thats it.....no problems fiting it to the bezel...just time and patients....eveyrthing has to be taken apart very carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X