Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Honda Civic Breaking Ground (What Warranty?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Honda Civic Breaking Ground (What Warranty?)

Well, I just got my new car this week, it's time to break it in with some mods Here is the car, it's a 2006 Honda Civic LX:

Also you'll see what my car looks like now, and the photoshop concept of what it might look like. I will keep this thread updated as I go.
    Attached Files
    May all your dreams come true.....unless your dreams are nightmares ~ L.S.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67759

Now for some carputer pics

Here are some pictures of the computer I put together to mount under the poodle shelf in the trunk.

It is a PIII 866 MHz, w/ 384 MB RAM, 80 GB, 250watt power supply. Haven't decided front end yet. I basically just took an old case and cut it up into this thing. It is 8.5" x 4.5" x 13". Big, but it will work

Now all it will take is some time and effort to get it all done. Any suggestions on layout?
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice work, I had to do a sidebyside comparison just to know what you cut from your dash and where you filled it in haha. Im thinking of doing the same to a 99 civic dash any suggestions?

By the way is that a AMD heatsink on your processor?? (looks abit like one)

Comment

if your half as good at fabricating that dash, as you are with photoshop this should be really nice

looks like a bit of a challenge, but if you don't cut the bottom of the dash & have the bezel overlay the lower you should be fine..... still looks like it'll need some chopping though.... good luck with it.....
        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

have you thought about getting the bezel for the lcd
          navigation upgrade?
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

new bezel

Thanx guys, it will be a challenge no doubt, it's all mapped out in my mind. We'll see, I did consider getting a NAV bezel, but I want to keep the factory stereo. I like the way it looks and operates. Not much power, but that can always be fixed with some amp action. I'm fiberglassing a 10" sub box right now for the corner of the trunk. I'll post some pics when that moves forward a little.

~Syg

Comment

I've had my Civic long enough now that I don't cringe too much when I think about cutting the dash to install a screen. (It's my first new car) I'm looking foward to see what you get done, the concept looks awesome.
              Any plans to hook into the CAN?

Wetzel

Comment

Trunk mounting help

I just found some diagrams you might find helpful. PM me and I'll email it too you. I have it in a PDF. We have the same car down to the color so I'll be watching how yours goes.

Wetzel

Comment

Nice car, and nice color. Good choice, I love the new Civics. Keep us posted!
                  2002 Honda CR-V
                  Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                  Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                  ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
                    if your half as good at fabricating that dash, as you are with photoshop this should be really nice
                    good luck, can't wait to see it finished.
                    Installed
                    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

wow the car is soo clean and new. you better buy an extra dash peice and work on that instead of taking your whole dash out and driving without it lol
                      i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Use NAV Dash

Why not just buy the NAV Dashboard and put a touchscreen behind it?

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. I've thought about getting a nav bezel as an easier route. But, I do like the factory HU. Besides, what fun would that be? I will be starting on fabricatioin this week. The computer is installed and running beautifully. And the car isn't clean anymore after being torn apart.

Comment

Let the fabin' begin!

I cut into my bezel last night, here it is. What a crazy radio I swear there were 50 screws in that thing. I think this is going to work!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

thats good news man keep it up i cant wait to see

Comment

Working...
                              X