1969 Dodge Phoenix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 Dodge Phoenix

Here my build up, will be a little slow from low funds but keep watching...

Only got the car few days ago, it's a limited edition Dodge Phoenix Hardtop.

Will take some pics of the dash and **** tomorrow and my new head unit, laptop and 6x9's but for now, the car:
    Attached Files

sweet, how many miles does it have on it and how much did you pay? looks dam good from the exterior pix

Comment

approx.. 150 XXX miles, i paid $5,000AU so got it at a very good price i think anyway...

Exterior: top shape, body is very straight, tiny dint in boot, not even noticable.

Interior: bit ratty, rust in usual spots, under passenger side... very minor. I'm doing the carpet this weekend, anyone got any suggestions to what i should treat the small spots of rust with?

Carputer Setup Progress:

Purchased:
      Sony Xplode Head Unit
      6x9" Kicker Speakers
      2 x 12" Alpine Type R Subwoofers
      Laptop (Toshiba 2Ghz 256MB, Broken Screen)
      GPS Reciever (BU-353)
      Wifi Setup (PCMCIA Orinoco Gold Card + Antenna)

Still To Come:
      6" Kicker Speakers
      Amp to power Subs
      8" Touchscreen
      Inverter
      Hooking It All Up :P

Well ill get some new pics of my carpet job, and the dash so you guys can help me figure where to place the screen...

Thanks

Comment

In the states there's some stuff called POR15, my dad has used it and says it neutralizes the rust and turns it into a primer sort of substance. You may want to look into that. Nice car.

Comment

dont muck it up with Sony Xplode
          in fact i am a big fan of one brand setups.

Comment

That was the only head unit i liked, had AUX input and was around my budget price. And also, was looking at a kenwood one, guy at JB said the sony is much better for the price.

Comment

ok update:

All dash wiring burnt, needs to be totally re-wired. Will post a pic tonight of the dash, very unhappy.

Subs are still on their way.

Starting false floor project in the boot to cover the laptop, amp, and all other crap.

Comment

sweet ride but i think this belongs in 'worklogs'
                New System in progress:
                M10k
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

HOT HOT HOT, let me no

OMG, hot as man, oi u live in runaway bay yeh, or around there, don't ya
                  man i went past ur car an my mouth just dropped, how much u pick it up for, dude one of the hottest rides i ever seen.
                  ur car made me start my own project, 1969 phoenix, if u no of anyone that sellin one cheap, in "project" condition, let me no hey

Comment

Originally posted by shawry_00 View Post
                    OMG, hot as man, oi u live in runaway bay yeh, or around there, don't ya
                    man i went past ur car an my mouth just dropped, how much u pick it up for, dude one of the hottest rides i ever seen.
                    ur car made me start my own project, 1969 phoenix, if u no of anyone that sellin one cheap, in "project" condition, let me no hey
                    no offence, but can u read? he said it was 5000aud, lol

and it was 9 months ago..

Comment

Car is for sale at the moment, try:
                      boostcruising.com for the sale thread.
                      Selling for pretty cheap...

Email: [email protected]
                      if your interested.

Edit:
                      Recent pic, was taking about 1 month for a formal ride.
                      was a great night.
                      buy the car, earn money from formal rides.... hahaha

Also:
                      Only seen another one in Qld. Pretty Rare unless importing from US, which there they are classified under Plymouth Fury III
                      Attached Files

Comment

Carputer Update:

Sorry haven't updated in a while, been busy. Computer is fully operational, all i need now is to decide on a mounting spot (probably going in boot). Also need to purchase a touchscreen and construct a case for the computer.

Car is undergoing a lot of engine upgrades right now... and after that interior is being worked. Thinking about removing front center arm rest and air conditioning unit to build a center console, just a little worried about how OEM it will look.

On a side note, in the upcoming future i am purchasing a set of 20' chrome 150 spoke rims for the car. Should set it off. Only problem is wires are so damn exspensive in Aus, have to import them from US and they shipping cost is more than the price of the rims.

Also, I painted the boot around 3 weeks ago in matt black for a temporary thing. Paint is sticking to everything i put in there, which is my new sub and amp. Going to have to cash out on the interior and do something with the boot, maybe a 2 x 12' carpetted setup.

That's what's happening, and what has happened. Post up some comments or suggestions. Always looking to improve.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X