Custom Stainless Case for PC!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Stainless Case for PC!!

This is a custom computer and chassis that I made for a client's BMW. The case is T-316L Stainless Steel polished to a #4 grained finish. I started this project by taking apart his computer and drafting the new case. I had to rearrange all of the components into a more space saving design and still have the airflow needed to dissipate the heat. I also had to arrange the cables in such a way that they would fit nicely in his trunk. I still have to make a cover panel for the card slots, but other than that the case is complete. The computer will serve as a HUD (heads up display) in the BMW which will allow him to monitor
    speed, rpm, direction, mp3's,navigation and fuel milage all from a piece of glass attached to the windshield.
    -Gordon
    www.veritasforge.com
    Attached Files

not pretty...

Comment

"This" is? Did you forget the pictures?
      CarPC v2: Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT, DW Housing, IBM R40, GPS, XM, StreetDeck

Comment

Originally posted by VeritasForge
        This is a custom computer and chassis that I made for a client's BMW. The case is T-316L Stainless Steel polished to a #4 grained finish. I started this project by taking apart his computer and drafting the new case. I had to rearrange all of the components into a more space saving design and still have the airflow needed to dissipate the heat. I also had to arrange the cables in such a way that they would fit nicely in his trunk. I still have to make a cover panel for the card slots, but other than that the case is complete. The computer will serve as a HUD (heads up display) in the BMW which will allow him to monitor
        speed, rpm, direction, mp3's,navigation and fuel milage all from a piece of glass attached to the windshield. If anyone is interested in having a custom case built for their PC please e-mail me and we will set somthing up.

-Gordon
        www.veritasforge.com
        You have to ask the admins before you try to start your business on here......

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13406

Peace,

Rafster
        Post # 3000

Comment

Thanks for the help! I fixed the picture I hope. I am new (obviously) so I thank you for your patience.
          -Gordon

Comment

It's bigger than most of us would like, but it looks pretty.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

HUD... pics and info please
              PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

k

Comment

oh shut up screwball. newbies aren't allowed to critique until they actually have something to be judged! well...ok it doenst say that anywhere but I think we should make it a rule

nice art work too... can you put that bronze sculpture around my helmet? that'd be bad ***.

nice craftmanship on the case, and i agree with 0l33l... more info on the HUD! i have hud in my car and love it, but i'd love to see what you're doing with that!
                  New System in progress:
                  M10k
                  Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                  Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                  Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                  Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                  Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                  My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

get a grip...if you had any intelligence you would do a search on my username before suggesting that I have nothing to be judged upon

Lets not forget the poster of the microwave has designed it for a client, that he is presumably charging, hes posted it on here to flog his wares...im being honest about what I see

Comment

Originally posted by netmgr
                      get a grip...if you had any intelligence you would do a search on my username before suggesting that I have nothing to be judged upon

Lets not forget the poster of the microwave has designed it for a client, that he is presumably charging, hes posted it on here to flog his wares...im being honest about what I see
                      I'm sorry, you are completely right, that was a direct reflection of my intelligence.

anyways....

how did you cut the ss? Was it done using a cnc machine, all done by hand, or...? and I look forward to pictures of the install.
                      New System in progress:
                      M10k
                      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

How the parts are cut

In response to your question about how the parts were cut. I cut them using a Co2 gas laser ( cnc process ). I drafted them using a CAD program and cut them on the laser. The pieces were TIG welded together and polished out to a #4 finish.
                        I will be shure to pass on the pics of the install which will happen in the next few weeks. This is the first HUD install we have done.
                        As for the case size .... well I just did what the car owner wanted.
                        I could have very well made the case smaller by re-routing the cards and making a smaller power supply, but that was just beyond his budget!
                        Thanks for your honest critique guys.

-Gordon

Comment

i agree w/ scott_fx it's really cool

and if you dont mind my asking around how much does something like this run?
                          William Surritte, Technician
                          No Limit Technologies
                          1931 U.S. HWY. 160, Caulfield, MO 65626
                          http://home.centurytel.net/nolimititech/
                          Planning: |++++ |
                          Software Development: |++++ |
                          Hardware Development: |++ |

Comment

I also agree it is a little big, but if that's what the customer wanted, it's his money. All the same, that is some really nice fab work.
                            Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

hey guys look, ive found one just like it...except this probably wont get as hot, being that it has vents an all, unlike the original - where you could probably cook a curry in 30 seconds on hot day in it...

although i cant see the other side of the original, so I concede that it may have them

Comment

Working...
                              X