Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion tC CarPC

Hey guys, I just finished my install!

Thanks to all here for the crazy amount of info. This was the first PC I have ever built and programmed. I didnt really even have to make a post, all the questions have been answered. I just did LOTS of searching and reading old and current posts. This whole process only took a month from dream to done, so it went by real quick!

UPDATED: 9/16/06
    EDIT: I just re-did my computer cause i messed the other one up. So currently Im running

Gigabyte GA M51GM-S2g Motherboard
    AMD 3200+ 2Ghz Processor (AM2)
    1 Gig DDR2800 memory (2x512)
    Toshiba 40 Gig 2.5" HD (internal)
    Western Digital 60 Gig External/portable USB HD
    Panasonic Slim Slot load drive
    Digistore firewire external case for drive
    DSATX 220watt power supply
    Elmscan5 OBDII support
    BU-353 GPS antenna
    Custom Veritas Forge stainless steel case
    Microsoft media center IR keyboard/mouse
    Streetdeck Software frontend
    Xenarc 700TS 7" screen

I think thats it. Ill get updated pics as soon as the case comes in.

AND MY CASE FINALLY CAME IN!

And ill show off my second mortgage, lol yep thats 7.5 feet long, almost 3 feet deep and 4.7 feet tall AND FULL of tools, haha

OLD Setup
    Heres what I got

Ampie Case
    VIA MII1200 MB
    512 mb ram
    40 gig HD
    M1-ATX power supply
    Panasonic Slot load DVD burner/reader
    universal XM tuner
    WX keyboard with joystick mouse and buttons

Im running Roadrunner with the LSX skin
    iGuidance
    Various other small apps

All the pics are either on my site here

Or here are the pics

If you go to the link you can see a few of the dash fab pics.

Overall its alot of fun with the PC. I love it when people come up to me asking how much the factory nav was to get installed, lol

Whatcha think??
    2003 Ford F-250 7.3L Diesel Crew Cab

Pictures of my truck, hobbies, and more HERE

love the car, nice install, good job

Comment

looks great job well done

Comment

Looks very nice! I love it when they look like they were meant to be there.
        2003 Durango Install
        2003 Matrix Install
        2004 Escalade Install

Comment

Well, personally I don't like you, and I think you know that.

But your 'puter looks "okay." Bland at most

Nah, looks tits man.
          Jim
          2012 Honda Pilot (In Progress)
          2010 Honda Accord (After the Pilot)
          2008 Honda VTX1800N

Comment

What resolution are you running at? 800x600 or ? Also, where did u put the slot loading drive?

Looks great man though. Someday I'm going to start my project in my tC.

PS. I'd ask you if you would fab a dash to sell, but you already told us no over on scionlife :-p .

Comment

Im running 800x600 at 75hz refresh. the skin is running at 800x600 so it fills the screen nicely.

Luckily i am not using windows other than to run the programs because the text is very small.

lol about making another one. I would do it locally and thats about it. It does take some time to do so I would much prefer it local to me, haha

Comment

Originally posted by xbi0s
                Well, personally I don't like you, and I think you know that.

But your 'puter looks "okay." Bland at most

Nah, looks tits man.
                Jim im not sure if your kidding or not, but i do not dislike you whatsoever. You are humorous to talk too. We are just at different points in life so i may not relate to some of the things you say, haha

Thanks for the compliments though and good luck on your next 10 PC builds, haha

Comment

Originally posted by sciontC
                  Im running 800x600 at 75hz refresh. the skin is running at 800x600 so it fills the screen nicely.

Luckily i am not using windows other than to run the programs because the text is very small.

lol about making another one. I would do it locally and thats about it. It does take some time to do so I would much prefer it local to me, haha
                  Yes, it does look good for 800x600. I imagine the text on your GPS app is crazy small though. I saw someone make a suggestion to run at a lower resolution (640x?) i think. Maybe you can try that and see how it looks.

How about those modified vents? Are they still functional now that they are just small slivers?

Darn that local thing. I'm on the other side of the US haha. I'd pay you though hehe

PS. Where's your slot loading drive? glovebox?

Comment

Originally posted by Onikage
                    Yes, it does look good for 800x600. I imagine the text on your GPS app is crazy small though. I saw someone make a suggestion to run at a lower resolution (640x?) i think. Maybe you can try that and see how it looks.

How about those modified vents? Are they still functional now that they are just small slivers?

Darn that local thing. I'm on the other side of the US haha. I'd pay you though hehe

PS. Where's your slot loading drive? glovebox?

Well i am waiting on UPS to deliver iguidance so im not really sure. and from what ive seen i guidance is the way to go for a small screen. Plus most programs dont work well on 640 like my delorme street atlas.

The vents are very fuctional, work like a charm. They will totally cut off the air coming out which is mostly my goal for them. They do only shoot the air up though but i have side vents that can get air to my face.

Yeah id make you one but id only have time to do it at work and unless bby can figure out a way to charge your CC over the phone (which i know they wont do unfortunately) then it would have to be local. Let me think about it and get back to you about doing it on the side tho.

Comment

All I'm gonna say is .......

: DROOL :

Peace,

Rafster
                      Post # 3000

Comment

congrats men, That is a super clean and professional install. very oem. I like the fact that you still have your radio right on the console. The only thing I would hate to loose is the console cover, one of the neat things about the tc.
                        Anyways, good luck.
                        by the way, a bit off topic, once you have iguidance, can you check if your gps receiver fails to work after coming back from standby or hibernate. being having minor issues with that.

Comment

Thanks!

Yeah it was hard to let the cover go but in retrospect, I never used it. I live in a pretty safe area and park in my car in the garage every single night and I have a very advanced alarm system. Plus most people think its a factory installed system and since thats the case, there is nothing to steal there.

I just got iguidance in and installed today. I actually start from a cold boot each and every time i turn on the cpu so i know i wont have those issues. The challenge right now is to get the delorme GPS reciever to work with iguidance.......

Comment

nice!
                            New System in progress:
                            M10k
                            Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                            Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                            Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                            Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                            Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                            My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

wow, nice installation.. how did u modify your console.. is it possible to show some pictures and your professional tricks..

Thanks.

Nitin

Comment

Working...
                              X