Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'02 TrailPuter (Trailblazer) Lots of Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '02 TrailPuter (Trailblazer) Lots of Pics

    I didn't meet my deadline which was last Sunday (Florida Meet) so I guess next time.
    This is the second time I install a Carputer, and boy I did learn from my mistakes.
    All comments welcome.....Thanks to everyone here.

    Here are specs:
    -TinyXP OS
    -M10000
    -40G Note Book HD
    -Kingston 512
    -Opus 150
    -IG (with iGmod)
    -VGA to RCA Scan converters (for back head rest)
    -Xenarc 700TSV
    -Powder's GM mount for Xenarc
    -(2)7" RCA Head Rest Monitor
    -XMD1000
    -Slim CD/DVD
    -JBL 4Ch Amp
    -And of course, Road Runner.

    Future Plans:
    -PhoneControl (If i figure it out stupid Razr)
    -GPS Tracking
    -XM Radio (Have problems)
    -Radio (As soon as it's release)

    Let me know what you guys think...I will take some night shots.
    The Car:



    All Closed up:




    The Amp:

    The PC:

    Hard Drive/Power Led & a reset button (you never know)

    Screens


    ---------------------
    Crazy Miami Drivers
    R.I.P. My first ever NEW Car
    Old installation
    New Install!!!

    |-------------------100%|Cables ran
    |----------------85%----|Software RR
    |--------------80%------|Complete
    [/SIZE]

  • #2
    That is very impressive! That bezel fits in your Trailblazer a lot better than it does in my Impala. Glad everything got worked out with the Opus. I love how you have everything hidden so neatly.
    2005 Black Chevy Impala
    Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a Trailblazer (not w/ carpc). I've always wondered what it'd look like with a carpc in it. Nicely done. If I were to do a CapPC in the Trailblazer, I probably wouldn't use those compartments, but that's because I already use them for tow ropes, trailer receivers, spotlights, etc. But for you application, that worked out REALLY well.
      Progress Meter:

      [|||||!||||'] 95% complete

      It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

      "It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

      Comment


      • #4
        Sweet install I like the stealth look.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Shelbrain
          That is very impressive! That bezel fits in your Trailblazer a lot better than it does in my Impala. Glad everything got worked out with the Opus. I love how you have everything hidden so neatly.
          Yeah, the opus work perfect..Thanks
          One thing I don't like is the spacing between the mount the dash trim...it and easy fix, but this week end was hot
          ---------------------
          Crazy Miami Drivers
          R.I.P. My first ever NEW Car
          Old installation
          New Install!!!

          |-------------------100%|Cables ran
          |----------------85%----|Software RR
          |--------------80%------|Complete
          [/SIZE]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by carpcnoobie
            I have a Trailblazer (not w/ carpc). I've always wondered what it'd look like with a carpc in it. Nicely done. If I were to do a CapPC in the Trailblazer, I probably wouldn't use those compartments, but that's because I already use them for tow ropes, trailer receivers, spotlights, etc. But for you application, that worked out REALLY well.
            I have a lot of a couple of things under the back seats and the hitch, I just leave it on.
            ---------------------
            Crazy Miami Drivers
            R.I.P. My first ever NEW Car
            Old installation
            New Install!!!

            |-------------------100%|Cables ran
            |----------------85%----|Software RR
            |--------------80%------|Complete
            [/SIZE]

            Comment


            • #7
              love ths stealth look. im trying to do sorta the same thing with my install. Are those VGA screens on the headrests?
              http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/car...theberetta.gif

              Comment


              • #8
                props, very well done.

                I like the fans, the only thing that i did not like that much was the headrest monitors, they look kinda out of place to me, in the picture they look almost like they are velcro'd on to the headrests instead of installed in them.

                I really like the rest of it though. Very clean and well thought out.
                My Install

                Software:
                CFiG v1
                iGuidance Plugin for CF

                CarShell
                Working shell for a CarPC

                StopWatch
                StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Very nice install.
                  My car
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78111
                  Im now selling my jeep computer.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    you ever try to use internet on it? The reason I ask is bacause I had a version of TinyXP and the network never worked...wired or wireless...it would never aquire an IP from the router
                    [+++++++++=]
                    As of 4/15/06: Computer is in and running great! Still got a few bugs to work out tho
                    M10000, Lilliput, M1-ATX, Slot DVD, 40 GB HDD, 512 MB DDR, BU-353, M$ S&T '06, XMD1000

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BLK MAJK
                      you ever try to use internet on it? The reason I ask is bacause I had a version of TinyXP and the network never worked...wired or wireless...it would never aquire an IP from the router
                      still trying to figure that out...I've tried entering the ip manually and noting
                      ---------------------
                      Crazy Miami Drivers
                      R.I.P. My first ever NEW Car
                      Old installation
                      New Install!!!

                      |-------------------100%|Cables ran
                      |----------------85%----|Software RR
                      |--------------80%------|Complete
                      [/SIZE]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        'fan 1, fan 2, fan 3.'

                        labeled, just in case you need a counting lesson...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          nice, i have also wondered wat the trailblazer would look like with the bezel. btw, i think you could've been able to fit the carputer behind the dash/glove compartment.
                          My Heatware

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tnynyn
                            nice, i have also wondered wat the trailblazer would look like with the bezel. btw, i think you could've been able to fit the carputer behind the dash/glove compartment.
                            What if I need to do maintenance...I would have to rip the dash just to get to the PC. There is plenty of room behind the dash...
                            ---------------------
                            Crazy Miami Drivers
                            R.I.P. My first ever NEW Car
                            Old installation
                            New Install!!!

                            |-------------------100%|Cables ran
                            |----------------85%----|Software RR
                            |--------------80%------|Complete
                            [/SIZE]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looks good!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X