• Finally my 2000 Toyota 4runner google earth equipped car puter

Hardware-

Alpine deck MP3-XM-AUX
    MB Quart 6.5 compnent front speakers
    Infinity Rear speakers
    Kicker AMP
    MTX 8000 Sub
    JL AMP (mids,his)
    Toshiba satellite S25-307 (P4, 2.8, 1gig ram, 60 gig HD:::running widnows XP)
    Lilliput 8.4 wallmount LCD Touchscreen monitor
    THink outside bluetooth keyboard
    Samsung t809 bluetooth broadband edge,

I ran a cable for a rear camera, but will get it later on.
    The GOOPS works great , I have real time tracking with sattelite imagery in google earth. I highly recommend it.

I can get better pics later on if any body realy cares to see more, ,

Google earth is cool. What kind of internet connection do you have that works with google earth? Also, how much is that keyboard gonna hurt when your airbag goes off?

~Puff
    ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

re

I have t mobile , the itnernet connection works fine for google earth, but its not just google earth its gops tracked with GOOPS, a little plugin for GE., Yeah the airbag thing is an issue at this point, Im getting one of those huge grills on the front so if I hit someone hopfully it wont affect as much, Ive never had an airbag go off on me before, KNock on wood

Comment

you REALLY need to resize the pictures.... its making me scroll even on 1400x1050. please resize them!
        1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
        Pictures
        Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

Airbag can deploy from the negative g force associated with sudden stop in case of an accident so bigger bumper is not going to do you any good. When airbag deploys you don't want that keyboard projected in your chest or stomach area, causing you far more injuries than the accident by itself could cause. Not to mention that your insurance may not even cover you citing tampering with safety equipment....just my 2 cents.
          Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Does Google earth work well for navigation? If I recall, it will allow you to enter a start and end point, but it won't tell you when to turn like a navigation program. That GOOPs program looks cool, did you make a little 4runner car icon for your's? That would be cool. The T-Mobile internet, is that just through a cell phone? How does the phone connect to the computer? Do you use any phone software for the computer for making/receiving calls? Can you use internet and calls at the same time? It would be cool to use a keyboard that is on the sunvisor... well, it would look cool, but I guess hard to type on... LOL

~Puff
            ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Originally posted by Zebelkhan
              Airbag can deploy from the negative g force associated with sudden stop in case of an accident so bigger bumper is not going to do you any good. When airbag deploys you don't want that keyboard projected in your chest or stomach area, causing you far more injuries than the accident by itself could cause. Not to mention that your insurance may not even cover you citing tampering with safety equipment....just my 2 cents.
              I was going to say the same thing

Comment

Awesome install, but you HAVE to resize those pics...

800X600 is the max.... it's the law!

Peace,

Rafster
                Post # 3000

Comment

Why r u double posting this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
                    Why r u double posting this thread?
                    Post # 3000

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77247

EDIT: And its not freaking superputer... unless u have Cray in the trunk, GRRRHH!!!

Comment

Keyboard on the steering wheel is s big NO in my book. If the airbag is deployed normally you will most likely end up with a concussion, but you will be alive. It would be sad to die with a big imprint of the ESCAPE key on your forehead.

Placing bigger bumpers to prevent the airbag from going off is a big NO as well. Proper installed bigger bumpers will have no impact on the airbag.

If you have this view, why not take the airbag out and place the keyboard in that space?

Comment

Originally posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77247

EDIT: And its not freaking superputer... unless u have Cray in the trunk, GRRRHH!!!
                          Oh, you weren't talking to me...

Peace,

Rafster
                          Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Henk Bos
                            It would be sad to die with a big imprint of the ESCAPE key on your forehead.
                            That would be great

To the OP. Please resize the pics

Comment

Originally posted by Henk Bos
                              Keyboard on the steering wheel is s big NO in my book. If the airbag is deployed normally you will most likely end up with a concussion, but you will be alive. It would be sad to die with a big imprint of the ESCAPE key on your forehead.
                              At autopsy:

- Too bad he died so young...
                              - He really hold all _keys_ for success...

Comment

Working...
                              X