01 Expedition Finally Done.... for now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 Expedition Finally Done.... for now

Well it is finally in. After about 9 months of blood sweat and tears. Thanks to everyone on this site for the help along the way. It still needs a few bugs worked out in the software but here is what it looks like so far.

The setup:

Molex case
    EPIA MII 1200
    Gig of ram
    80 gig HD
    Pioneer DVD-RW
    Delorme GPS
    Frodo Player

Alpine PXA-H701
    Alpine 5 channel amp

Here is a before shot of the dash:
    Attached Files
    EPIA MII 1200, M1-ATX PSU, 1GB PC2100, 80 gig Hitachi HD, Pioneer DVD-RW, Delorme GPS, Lilliput 8"

Here are a few in progress photos:
    Attached Files
    EPIA MII 1200, M1-ATX PSU, 1GB PC2100, 80 gig Hitachi HD, Pioneer DVD-RW, Delorme GPS, Lilliput 8"

Comment

And finally the finished product:
      Attached Files

Comment

Thats it for tonight. Tomorrow I will post a few more pics. Let me know what you think.

Comment

Dang that looks clean! Where did you relocate your A/C controls to? I like the digital gage, is it a temp gage?
          Check out the updates. Project 2003 Dakota worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85490

IS JACK BAUER GONNA HAVE TO SMACK A *****?

Comment

what is that grey stuff???

Comment

Thanks for the responses. The A/C controls are now located in the center console. I will post a pic once I finish the mount. And yes the gauge is a temp gauge since the computer is mounted in the center console along with the a/c controls(which produce more heat than the computer). It is a cyberdyne amp temp gauge actually but it serves the purpose, and looks pretty cool too.

The grey stuff is a two part epoxy/filler by dynatron. Which is awesome stuff. It basically turns into plastic but it sands really easy. I will post the exact name and part number for anyone who is interested.

Comment

I'm interested in that part # !

Comment

Hey i see that your in houston, can you tell me were you got the dynatron
                  epoxy/filler. Nice install fabrication work looks awesome.

Comment

Damn looks nice

Comment

Thanks again for all of the compliments.

For everyone interested the dynatron stuff is called dyna-weld the part number is 662. It is made by bondo, and it comes as a kit. It is two large caulking tubes and comes with mixing cups and sticks. I might have used 1/4 of the kit, so it goes a long way. It runs about $20 but it is all that you need for both an epoxy and a filler.

Kalt, what area of Houston are you in. I work for Oreilly auto parts and I have a few more sets coming in this week.

Comment

I stay in the southwest.

Comment

nice colors blazing!
                          kool setup!
                          • If you don't get it the first time around, go get seconds..

Comment

those colors look dope, nice install man
                            id be happy to help with any photoshop related things.

Comment

Nice set up, I'll be doing my brothers Expedition in about two weeks. I will follow your set up closely.
                              Mod with a purpose and enjoy the ride
                              Mick300ZX.net
                              Cardomain

Comment

Working...
                              X