87 TurboBuick Finalized Install...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 TurboBuick Finalized Install...

Well it's done and as promised here are some good pix... LCD bezel is finished, console is done, speaker & door panels finished and loaded. I've also modified the skin with a layout that I could more easily use and like. It is based off the simplistique skin.

Hope You Like

Phil

wow. i opened up this thread thinking about the people and their 88' pontiacs and the 82 skylarks...the peices of crap and the computers that they install thinking they are now elite high rollers in ****ty cars...and i must say. damn! the interior is freakin pimp. lets see this machine! looks set up for race..accel dfi and such. very nice. want more!
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../positions.gif

Comment

Great job!

I love the shift lever!

Peace,

Rafster
      Post # 3000

Comment

Hey! You're using the same keyboard/trackpad combo that I am!

Very nice install, BTW.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

holy crap! i just noticed te KB is fully integrated into the center console! WOW! thats fabulous! IMO its a little out of the way and probably hard to fuction...i would prefer an eaier right hand accessable spot...in case i needed to use my right hand to start>prog>whatever.... esecialy if i was parked and typing..youd have to twist your body. regardless its freakin awesome.
          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../positions.gif

Comment

I don't think it's fully integrated. I think it's just sitting on teh console, and you can't see where they meet because it's black-on-black.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Looks amazing. One thing, what do all of the switches do?

Comment

Haha, yea, it's just sitting there - it does fit quite nicely there though. I need it to be on my lap when doing the DFI tables. Also the guy who does a majority of the tuning also needs to use it so hard mounting it somwhere would be kinda troublesome. Normally, I just stick it under the seat. That KB is sweet though... the touchpad is really sensitive.

I'll get some nice engine and body pix after I wash it.

The switches are used for the following: Protected: Transbrake Arm, FP Safety, Standard switches: PC Hardoff signal, Lighting. The other 2 are extras for expansion. I still need line lock, so one will be for that. The switch on the shifter handle is the transbrake button - that switch only requires a few thousanths (") of travel so it's pretty quick.

Thanks!
                Phil

Comment

what type of keyboard/trackpad is that?
                  - My ride - MySpace -

Comment

Originally posted by 3g Jester
                    wow. i opened up this thread thinking about the people and their 88' pontiacs and the 82 skylarks...the peices of crap and the computers that they install thinking they are now elite high rollers in ****ty cars...and i must say. damn! the interior is freakin pimp. lets see this machine! looks set up for race..accel dfi and such. very nice. want more!
                    wtf you talking about? A turbo Buick is not even in the same league as a '88 Pontiac or 82 Skylark'. Think more along the lines of a sleeper Grand National.

Nice car man, very nice. I agree - can we get some more pics of your G body? Looking for some ideas for mine.
                    www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

The Keyboard is an Accuratus 540 Mini Keyboard w/Touchpad...

I don't think the skylark, etc... comment was anything personal... I think he means that the general older domestic car installs he's seen dont turn out so well... idk... I see the GNX in your sig, which number?

I'll be throwing up some more pix soon... keep posted for updates. Tomorrow I get ahold of the waterjet so we'll see what I come out with

Thanks, Phil

Comment

thanks.
                        - My ride - MySpace -

Comment

Right on! Go turbo Volvo. Love the setup, looks very clean.

Comment

I can verify that this car is in fact awesome.

Hey Phil... welcome your new apprentice to the realm of DIY car audio!
                            ;-)

Comment

Nice lookin install! I especially like the keyboard, I have the same one... I really like having the integrated touchpad... The top 2 pics show up as red x's... have you posted pics of the pc mouting, etc?
                              Due to their close relation to the 89 TTA, I've always been a fan of the GNX's, and their turbo'd cousins...
                              Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

Working...
                              X