Audio Upgrades - Infiniti QX4 - 02 - In Progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Upgrades - Infiniti QX4 - 02 - In Progress

Any help/suggestions appreciated. Just able to replace 2 rear OEM speakers with Alpine components, but I don't know if I should leave tweeters alone or use crossovers for new speakers? and where should tweeters be since there's no OEM locations for rear tweeters? and will the OEM Bose be able to handle these new speakers (rated 70rms/350max) once front & rear components are in?

the rear doesn't need tweeters. the sound is meant to be coming from the front, that's why people put components at the front. If you've already bought the alpine components ffor the rear (is that what's in the pic?) then juts don't connect the tweeters. that way you're not hearing any high frequencies from behind you.

as foir the Bose being able to handle it, it's the other way round. the speakers need to handle the Bose. and they will they're designed to work with an amp so they'll handle more power then you'll be giving them.

Comment

Originally posted by rudeboymcc
      the rear doesn't need tweeters. the sound is meant to be coming from the front, that's why people put components at the front. If you've already bought the alpine components ffor the rear (is that what's in the pic?) then juts don't connect the tweeters. that way you're not hearing any high frequencies from behind you.

as foir the Bose being able to handle it, it's the other way round. the speakers need to handle the Bose. and they will they're designed to work with an amp so they'll handle more power then you'll be giving them.
      From the wiring diagrams, i think Bose has amplifiers for front & rear speakers, but don't know the specs (as always with Bose!).

Is there a way to add an amp w/ OEM headunit?

Comment

yes, most amps have a hi-level input where you can just connect the stock stereo's wires to instead of using rca's, i've never heard how this comes out, but your prob better off using the rca's of a aftermarket, or a computer

2006 Mazda 3
        Behringer DCX-2496
        JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
        JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

Working...
        X