99 EX-V6 Accord Coupe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 EX-V6 Accord Coupe

I was able to re-locate the head unit and use the space for the Xenarc screen. With just a dremel and some sand paper I was able to make the screen fit like a glove in the DIN space. Had to do some modding of the lower cubby . . . have some pics somewhere, if anyone is interested.
    Attached Files
    Epia M10000, 512 RAM, 160 GB HDD, Xenarc TSV

Computer under the seat. Opus 150 wouldn't fit in case, so I just left it external. Has been working well now for over 1.5 years.

Just got my BU-303 and usb powered hub, so should have that all working as soon as I am able to get a US map for destinator. Anyone know where to get the trial version from?
    Attached Files

Comment

Heres some more Pics of re-location. Couldn't find the original images, but they are in this flash movie.

http://myweb.cableone.net/ndietz

Comment

I also have a 6th gen EX with the double-din oem CD and was thinking of relocating it.

How much cutting/etc did you have to do to the bottom part of the console? Is the radio pretty much supported by the plastic?

Did you consider modifying the factory EX Audio accessory that others have used here for single-din units so it covers the side of your radio?

I considered buying an OEM single-din (cheap) to put underneath but yours is a great idea!

Comment

Thats pretty cool...are those the most recent pics?
          Brown 2010

Comment

Looks damn good to me!

Comment

Thanks!

My whole goal was to be able to keep the screen warranty, and be able to pull the entire CarPC out and into another car if I sold it. A couple junk yard runs and I would be able to sell my car as stock again. Not as clean as some of the other guys installs, (put mine to shame), but it works well. Screen loooks like a much cleaner install when looking from overhead, took some bad pics.

Basically to fit the DIN in the cubby, I cut the cubby at an angle, the DIN slides right on top of this, there actually isn't very much of it left showing on the sides, so I am content with the way it is. It fits snug into this area, only held by the surrounding plastic. I also unbolted the plastic pieces overhead of the cubby to make room. Cool thing about keeping the stock din unit is that you can continue to use the steering wheel controls. Some guys at the Honda dealership said they think the DIN actually looks better down there than the stock location.

Comment

Very nice!

Did you have to do anything with the wiring harness to extend it down below? Or could you just pull it down and plug it in?
                How to bring a laptop out of standby with WOL features

Comment

Nice install mate, looks a lot like mine.

I've also got the carputer under the seat just as yours only it looks like you've got more space over there then I have. I have the connections at back where the passengers place there feet.
                  I covered it with some wood.
                  www.carputershop.nl for all your carputerstuff!!

Comment

"Did you have to do anything with the wiring harness to extend it down below? Or could you just pull it down and plug it in? " -- timeshifter

I Didn't have to extend the wiring harness, it plugs in with plenty of slack still.

Comment

looks good man, i want one lol
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v52/du3ce/siggy.jpg
                      My car Pics

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65760

i like it. what case is that? i want one.
                        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../positions.gif

Comment

I believe it is the Morex 2699

Comment

Working...
                          X