• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyline R33 :)

Hey guys...

finially finished the install in the skyline

check it out here....link to build

cheers...

NICE! Very clean! Which Sky you got? There's a R33 GTS that I wanna ship over, but that one flippin company that used to import them screwed that up... skylines aren't allowed to come into the US right now. Its going for a good price too, like 15k... I'd sell my M for that!
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
    ABIT NF-M2 nView | AMD Athlon64 FX62 Windsor | nVidia GeForce 6150 | Realtek ALC883 7.1DTS | Vista x64
    RF Power T162S | RF Power T162S | 2x RF Power T212D2 | RF Power T8004 | RF Power T20001bd | RF 3SIXTY.2

Comment

nice install. I wish i could afford a (U.S. legal) skyline :-)
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

nah boys its a R33 GTS - t

Comment

That's quite a neat install on a really sweet ride!!! Sometime ago i was trying to import an Skyline to Mexico, but you can't legalize it unless it's been already legalized in the U.S., and that makes it really expensive!!! (around 80% over the car's price...)
          Car PC progress: 60%
          Pics coming soon!!!

Comment

i hate you. i hate you and your bad a$$ car!

Comment

Well all the GTS's are RWD Single Turbo! The GTR's are AWD Twin Turbo. I want a GTS! There's this one in Japan that I want to import over here... I could have it, but couldn't legaly drive it.

Its a GTS for $9600USD!

http://www.batfa.com/usedcar-skyline96silver.htm
              ABIT NF-M2 nView | AMD Athlon64 FX62 Windsor | nVidia GeForce 6150 | Realtek ALC883 7.1DTS | Vista x64
              RF Power T162S | RF Power T162S | 2x RF Power T212D2 | RF Power T8004 | RF Power T20001bd | RF 3SIXTY.2

Comment

might be a bit different in the US, but ...

GTS - non turbo
                GTS-T - RB25DET Single Turbo
                GTR - RB26DETT Twin Turbo

Attached Files

Comment

Well uhm.. we dont have Skylines here.

but OMFG your sky is gorgeous! Where do you live? aus? I think I should just move overseas! I've found Skylines, Silvia's... all the car's I like for more or less then what my eclipse is worth...

I dont understand how they got that GTS Non turbo thing... I've never seen a non turbo Skyline... even the 4dr's are turbocharged.

I heard that Jap police use Skylines... what about aus?

Comment

Originally posted by 97GST
                    Well all the GTS's are RWD Single Turbo! The GTR's are AWD Twin Turbo. I want a GTS! There's this one in Japan that I want to import over here... I could have it, but couldn't legaly drive it.
                    According to SCC, the R33 is still street legal
                    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

According to DOT, they are illigal for some reasons caused by the company that was importing them. I forgot the name of the company and why. But suposedly they are illigal right now. Dunno if its still in effect. But last time I checked was about 10 months ago before I got the Eclipse.

And shush! I see what your tryin to do! Get me to spend 15k on a new car... yeah yeah, tryin to be sneeky! haha jp.

Comment

Originally posted by 97GST
                        According to DOT, they are illigal for some reasons caused by the company that was importing them. I forgot the name of the company and why. But suposedly they are illigal right now. Dunno if its still in effect. But last time I checked was about 10 months ago before I got the Eclipse.

And shush! I see what your tryin to do! Get me to spend 15k on a new car... yeah yeah, tryin to be sneeky! haha jp.
                        Company name was MotoRex. In the latest issue of SCC they said that the compnay is shut down and that the DOT revoked the legality of all skylines except for 96-98s.
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

whats the issue of importing them?

in the uk you just get it over here... get it checked, issued plates then drive it
                          2001 Passat 130TDi Sport - Via Epia 15000, 1gb, 100gb, 220w psu, 7" lilliput motorized touch (chopped and in dash as a fixed), bluetooth, bu-303 gps, 7 port usb hub, tiny keyboard, netgear 54mb wifi, optima yellow top, ryder rt1170x, freecom dvb

Comment

Originally posted by Ste_nova
                            whats the issue of importing them?

in the uk you just get it over here... get it checked, issued plates then drive it
                            US laws suck. That basically sums it up.
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

They have to go through emissions and safety checks. At one point they had to be crash tested. Bringing it over is one thing but converting it and all the paper work makes them not worth it.

Awesome ride btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X