02 Corvette Z06

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 Corvette Z06

My CarPC is now operational (is it ever really done?)
    HW: P3 1Ghz, 1gb ram, 60gb HD (all parts I had laying around), M2-Atx, 8" Xenarc TS, Holux USB Sirf III Gps, BlueTooth adapter, USB WiFi. USB hub. XM add on.

Software: WinXp Pro, RoadRunner, AccessControl (Beta), iNav 2.1.3, IGMon, Flash Clocks (from Tissey)

Audio: The stock Corvette sound system sucks and is hard to work with add on components, so I replaced all of it. HiFonics Zxi 6406 amp, Infiniti Kappa 6.1's in the door and tweeters mounted in the door handles, 10" W1 sub in a custom stealth box.

{Pics are with flash on, so the lighting sucks, but you get the idea}

Here is a couple of the car itself:

Cali
    Cali
    02 Corvette Z06
    CarPC: 8" Zenarc molded in dash, P3 1Ghz CPU in custom Amp/PC box. RoadRunner, IG3, XM, ODBC (HP Tuners), Cameras
    Pics/Videos

Im not sure which is nicer, the car or the screen.. 8" makes all the difference huh

Comment

8" screen

Thanks on the Car.

The 8" screen does make all the difference for me. Just like buying a computer, the output interface makes a lot of difference in your overall satisfaction. I was worried about the fit, but at least 1 other vette guy has done the same monitor, so I knew it was possible.

Cali
      Cali
      02 Corvette Z06
      CarPC: 8" Zenarc molded in dash, P3 1Ghz CPU in custom Amp/PC box. RoadRunner, IG3, XM, ODBC (HP Tuners), Cameras
      Pics/Videos

Comment

nice looking vette. Love the black on black! looks so damn sexy that way.
        ----------------------------------------------
        Civiputer: Dont have one anymore, but here is what is used to be!

Comment

thx

I am partial to the black on black look as well. It keeps me out of the 'mid life crisis' crew of vette owners, that and I drive it
          Cali
          02 Corvette Z06
          Pics/Videos

Comment

Nice vette! I see the 5 point harnesses- what have you done to your LS1? (or is it LS7 in a Z06?) have you taken it to a track?
            WORKLOG

Asus P5N73-AN Mobo/Celeron E1400 2Ghz Dual Core CPU/2Gb GEIL PC3200/120GB HDD/DSATX PS/8" Phylon TS
            Webpage

Comment

Snootch,
              The C5 Z06 is an LS6. Nothing major on the engine really. Intake (all the way to the front with modified front end (Halltech Trap Stage II). Cat-back exhaust and custom tuned by me

Track: I used to race ESP class with my F-body, I started prepping this car to do the same, but have not done that yet. I have been to the drag strip a few times. Oh and there are some videos out there of me doing some canyon driving
              Cali
              02 Corvette Z06
              Pics/Videos

Comment

Nvm
                LAKERS BABY

Comment

updated

new additions:

XM Radio installed

ODBC Scanning now built in (with HP Tuners)

Backup Camera Installed

DVD/DVD+R built into waterfall between seats

latest pics in my sig link
                  Cali
                  02 Corvette Z06
                  Pics/Videos

Comment

Nice looking car. I see you also moved your Environment Controls down to where the ashtray and power point were previously located. Any issue with doing it (i.e. making it bigger) or did you just make a whole new cover for the dash insert?
                    So where did you put the processor and the rest of the stuff? I didn't see any picutres showing it.

Comment

update

no issues with moving the AC down. When you open the dash up its like a data rack, you just move the AC down and screw it in.

I have not posted any pics of the pc/amp rack as its hard to photo and I'm lazy. Basically I built a amp style box with my amp on one end and the PC on the other. In the middle is my line driver and power dist, etc.

My pc/amp rack is behind the 'waterfall'. So when you look back between the seats you see a flat space with a small humb and a DVD slot load drive.. under that flat space is the equipment.
                      Cali
                      02 Corvette Z06
                      Pics/Videos

Comment

Working...
                      X