Celica install, phase 1 done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celica install, phase 1 done

It occurred to me today that I have been done with my "phase 1" for about 3 months now and I forgot to post it. Anywhere, here it is......

Did the fiberglass myself, but got body shop to paint and shine. CD burner and 4-port USB in dash. Yes, that is a Logitech Marble cut-up and molded where the ashtray used to be.

ThinkOutside Bluetooth keyboard in visor.

Glovebox is now a case. Plexiglass heat-bent as cover. Jacks (KB, PS2, ether, audio in) dongled/extended to right glovebox side. Ignition-shutdown toggle, power and reset buttons on left glovebox side.

A little blue cold-cathod

What do you think?

Next: Reverse camera, ODB2

did you just take the ball from the logitec mause ?
    and about the keyboard is it a visor keyboard and is it fit to an ordenary pc? what need to be mode to the keyboard to put it in a pc?

Comment

Looks like some good work, keep it up.
      ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
      Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
      All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
      Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

I like it. Good job so far. What's after Phase 1?
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

the glove box is scary lookin.
          Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

Man... That installation is good. but is there another way you can put the hardware other than the glove box... that thing look like a maze man.. do u have space under the seets or something... good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by agmsd
              Man... That installation is good. but is there another way you can put the hardware other than the glove box... that thing look like a maze man.. do u have space under the seets or something... good luck...

That car does not have space under the seats... you would be lucky to fit a small billfold under one of them... no room for PC hardware.
              TruckinMP3
              D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Great job, I'm doing an install on my 05 Celica. My main system will be trunk mounted instead of in the glove compartment. I also want to remove the stupid sunglasses hold and put my screen there. Mine is 8 inches so I'll have to do more cutting and fiberglass work to get it to fit right. Wow, 4 USBs in the front, are you using a hub for that? And if so, is it a powered hub?

Thanks!
                --------------------------
                Software Developed:
                DS-ATX Controller Interface
                Laptop Shutdown Controller

Considered Projects:
                TPMS Interface
                Bluetooth Handsfree Interface (WIDCOMM/BROADCOMM)

Comment

great job! looks similar to the setup i had

Comment

where did you get the cord that extends the wireless internet antenna? i have a typical wireless card and i want extend the original antenna and tuck it somewhere under the roof. i just want the extension cord i don't want to get that little replacement antenna.
                    project in the works....no worklog but i will post a completed thread.

Comment

yeah man i owned a GTS and traded it in like a year ago. mine was the silver and was the intro year(2000). car was alot of fun. but no there was really no room under the seats at all to do anything under them. the only other place would be the trunk. but in that car theres an armrest to store stuff and the glovebox was of a decent size. looks good to me man. i like how you turned the sunglass compartment into where the screen goes. looks good.

The best part about the car was when it was hot out, I could put a mountain dew bottle propped up at the inner drivers side vent and cool it down with the aircon. lol. ahhh memories.
                      MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
                      M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
                      7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
                      Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
                      Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3

My Worklog

Comment

iNqUiSiTiVe - I took the "guts" (the boards, button contacts) out of the Logitech Marble and fashioned them to a piece of Modeling plywood (very thin plywood) and hardened the wood with resin. Keyboard is a ThinkOutside Stowaway Bluetooth

Ineffigy - Yes, its a hub. No, not powered... Just a "laptop" type USB hub I found at Walmart, because it fit in the space.

NotDave - The cord on the antenna is attached. 5dbi Whip. You could by a pigtail http://sharperconcepts.zoovy.com/cat...radiopigtails/, but the antenna's can be gotten cheap. Mine was 7.95. One thing important with Wifi is orientation. If you tuck a rubber-duck antenna in your headliner for example, I doubt it would do well. Anyway, my range extended by like 10 times with the 5dbi external. I can keep connection to my home wifi for as mush as two blocks.

agmsd & pepsibobby - Glovebox was the only option. I wanted it the armrest, but I couldn't make it all fit. Seats run too low. Trunk has amps and bass... and still needs to be a trunk. Glovebox worked well, because I didn't have to convert IDE to USB. It's not just parts in the glovebox, the glove box IS the PC with a Plexiglass window. When I need to take the PC out (for new additions or something) I just unscrew the glovebox and take the whole thing. Anyway, I like it....

Comment

Do you ever have people riding around in your car open up the glovebox and almost have a heart attack! That thing would scare me. But, as I look at it more, you can see that it is pretty organized considering the space. At first glance though, it looks crazy! I still stand with my previous opinion, "good job!"
                          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

The dash looks great. Real OEM look. Do you have any build-up photos?
                            2003 Mazda Protege5 -- Clarion/DLS/Eclipse
                            Click here for install photos!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJack

NotDave - The cord on the antenna is attached. 5dbi Whip. You could by a pigtail http://sharperconcepts.zoovy.com/cat...radiopigtails/, but the antenna's can be gotten cheap. Mine was 7.95. One thing important with Wifi is orientation. If you tuck a rubber-duck antenna in your headliner for example, I doubt it would do well. Anyway, my range extended by like 10 times with the 5dbi external. I can keep connection to my home wifi for as mush as two blocks.
                              ah...well put. which connector fits the card?

edit: i searched and figured out that my linksys wmp54g uses a RP-SMA connector according to this webpage http://www.radiolabs.com/products/ca...th=5#connector
                              project in the works....no worklog but i will post a completed thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X