2007 Tahoe install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Tahoe install

Here is what I have been working on off and on. If there is an interest I could post the pictures here.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4237
    Attached Files
    2007 Tahoe
    Opus with iBase 896 and Pentium M 735 Transflective Xenarc Alpine DVA-9861, PXA-H900, Sinfoni 45X2 (2) 90x2, Genesis Dual Mono, JL 1000/1 (2), Focal Be tweeters, ScanSpeak Revelator Mids, Dynaudio MW170, Dayton 12" Ref.

My Install

pretty clean.

with all of this time and effort that you're putting into this, do you have any plans to show this vehicle at all?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about it. Might see you in KC for the finals
      Attached Files
      2007 Tahoe
      Opus with iBase 896 and Pentium M 735 Transflective Xenarc Alpine DVA-9861, PXA-H900, Sinfoni 45X2 (2) 90x2, Genesis Dual Mono, JL 1000/1 (2), Focal Be tweeters, ScanSpeak Revelator Mids, Dynaudio MW170, Dayton 12" Ref.

My Install

Comment

sweet!

USACi I take it?

Which class?

Are you going to make it to any large regional events before then? Texas Heat Wave by chance?

I was going to be going to Trifect this coming weekend there in Colorado (Denver) but things fell through, so we're going to the San Diego show instead.

I look forward to being able to see your car in person!
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

hi

jus a quick question naamanf, how did u connect that power supply to the car, im thinking of getting the same one but dont know how it connects to get the power.

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
            sweet!

USACi I take it?

Which class?
            Yeah USACI. No idea what power class. I am thinking about building a removable big *** fiberglass box in the rear just for shows. If I don't I should be under 600 watts.

I plan on going to the Trifecta show this weekend. I have a friend thats going to compete. I don't know about making any other major shows.

I don't think it's going to be as nice as I wanted it, and I am sure I will change it all around some time in the future. Right now I just want to get it done.
            Attached Files
            2007 Tahoe

My Install

Comment

Originally posted by adeelhussain
              hi

jus a quick question naamanf, how did u connect that power supply to the car, im thinking of getting the same one but dont know how it connects to get the power.
              Power supply for the OPUS?
              Attached Files
              2007 Tahoe

My Install

Comment

under 600 watts hu?

Intermediate or Advanced?

or are you just going to do Q?
                Jan Bennett

Comment

Ummm yes, maybe, sounds good, and don't know. I really don't know what class I should be in. I have never competed so I really don't know what to expect.
                  Attached Files
                  2007 Tahoe

My Install

Comment

the power supply for the car pc.

Comment

The two black go to ground, the two yellow go to constant 12v. Red is 12v turn on signal. Blue is 12v out to turn on amps or trigger a relay.
                      Attached Files
                      2007 Tahoe

My Install

Comment

Originally posted by Naamanf
                        The two black go to ground, the two yellow go to constant 12v. Red is 12v turn on signal. Blue is 12v out to turn on amps or trigger a relay.

so its connected straight to the battery of the car?

wont the battery get drained like this?

sorry jus new to this stuff.

nice install btw, one of the best ones ive seen so far..

Comment

Thanks. It really depends if you use standby and how long you go between starts. I have never had a problem. If I was going to be away I would just open the circuit breaker (or take out the fuse if you go that route) from the battery. You are more likely to drain your battery having the computer on. I now use two batteries so it's not an issue.
                          Attached Files
                          2007 Tahoe

My Install

Comment

Originally posted by Naamanf
                            Ummm yes, maybe, sounds good, and don't know. I really don't know what class I should be in. I have never competed so I really don't know what to expect.
                            ahh - well I HIGHLY suggest it. Since I've been competing I've gained a whole new appreciation for this stuff. And no, it's not because I like to hear from other people about my car like some people seem to think.

I like the challenge.

I'd recommend starting off for a show or two in the Basic class and just give it a go, you might just get bit!

to adeel: the only reason you would kill your battery is if you didn't utilize the shut down features that these PSUs have built into them. You have 3 options (technically 4 I guess)
                            • Shut down completely
                            • Hibernate
                            • Stand-by
                            • leave the PC running like normal
                            Jan Bennett

Comment

Someone has too much money!

Looks good though.

Comment

Working...
                              X