2005 Scion Tc Rs1.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Scion Tc Rs1.0

I wrote this all up for the scionrg forum so I just did a cut and paste. So that's why I describe some of the features that all of you are already aware of. Let me know what you think and if you hav any suggestions on how to make it better.
    So I finally took pictures of my carputer. I had it done more than 6 months ago but always forgot to take some pictures.

View of the touchscreen and keyboard with a mouse wheel on it.

Close up of the touchscreen. I had to modify the casing for the touchscreen but got it to fit.

Close up of the glove box with the keyboard. Fits nicely in there and it matches the interior of the car..

Armrest compartment. I have a 4 port USB hub. One goes to the keyboard, the other goes to the Bluetooth USB stick and I have to open ports.

2 Sets of RCA jacks. One set is an audio input into the amp for things like an I-pod or CD player or anything with a headphone jack. The other pair is for the 2 video inputs on the Xenarc. I got one of those Dual portable DVD players from target so I can go between each video input and watch either one of the 2 movies up front... :-)

Close up of the touchscreen friendly GPS interface. I love this thing..

Emulator. I can play Nintendo Games, Sega, Gameboy...This one is an old school game I used to love...you might recognize it...

Internet access..

Picture viewer..

This is the trunk of the car. I modified it to get some cooling where the computer is. It can get really hot in there. One fan is an intake and the other is an exhaust..

Close up of the fan...

Car computer setup. I have a C drive with all the program stuff, D drive with all the music files, computer, USB hub for 4 more inputs which has the wireless adapter, GPS and USB audio adpater.

Wireless adpater...

GPS adapter...

This is the second car I did the car computer on. I love it because I have unlimited music (I'm tired of what I hear on the radio all the time). I can play movies, surf the web and the best part is the GPS. I never have to worry about finding directions. I just punch the address in and that's it.
    I'm still working on doing some more stuff like getting the computer to read diagnostics and maybe a rear view camera ( I can't think of a good reason for it but it would be cool).
    The fab work was not too bad. I had to remove all the buttons from the touchscreen but I kept the remote and sensor so I can access everything through there.
    The touchscreen and the computer setup fit great. It's like it was a perfect fit....
    Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

"Don't speak about it, be about it"

pics dont work T_T

Comment

Yeah, pics not there
      -------
      I'm hungry

Comment

I wanna see the pics... also
        ----------------
        04 Corolla

Modifications:
        Upgrading pc 99%

Progress

Comment

bump

BUMP...Let me know if the pics work.....

My last carputer project...
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...egend+carputer
          Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

Comment

yay, thats better

basically the same kind of install into the trunk that im planning

Comment

very cool job and clean install. I love the fans. do u mind sharing where u got the grills. my setup is similar in the trunk but i need to get some grills.

Comment

I got them at microcenter. You can find them online. I went to the store in Cambridge MA. I think that they are easy to find. I would have liked it better if I could have gotten some with the SCION logo...
                Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

Comment

veritas forge can make some with the scion logo. PM him for a quote, he has really good prices. his screen name is "Veritas Forge"
                  2003 Ford F-250 7.3L Diesel Crew Cab

Pictures of my truck, hobbies, and more HERE

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll have to talk to him about getting some of those..
                    Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

Comment

I have a TC too and am looking to do this....however my big hang up is how do you output to the factory speakers?

Comment

nice install, and btw is that Mike Tyson Punchout?
                        Nigga stole my bike!
                        2002 Acura RSX CarPC Worklog
                        Current CarPC Expenses

Comment

What touchscreen is that if you don't mind me asking. I have a tC too and I'm looking into installing a carpc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chapman View Post
                            What touchscreen is that if you don't mind me asking. I have a tC too and I'm looking into installing a carpc.

i dont know what he is using but i know a xenarc will fit
                            2003 Ford F-250 7.3L Diesel Crew Cab

Pictures of my truck, hobbies, and more HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Chapman View Post
                              It's a Xenarc 700, TSV or something like that. I have the box at home. It will fit but your gonna have to do some cutting of the screen frame and you'll loose the buttons. I ran the remote sensor down where the cigarette lighter area is. Trust me, you need to have this because once those buttons are gone, your remote is the only way you can adjust your monitor.

Originally posted by Jester28 View Post
                              I have a TC too and am looking to do this....however my big hang up is how do you output to the factory speakers?
                              My last setup, I ran pc to a HU but I couldn't do it in this one. I used an AMP to push the speakers. The output of the PC goes to the amp. The output of the pc is only left and right, left goes to channel 1-2 and right goes to channel 3-4. Sounds good with this setup. I have replacement speakers but never put them in because it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. To be honest, the stock speakers sound a lot better than I thought they would.

Originally posted by Pistolen08 View Post
                              nice install, and btw is that Mike Tyson Punchout?
                              Nigga stole my bike!
                              Yeah, Mike Tysons punch out. I was stuck in stand still traffic, like park on the highway for about an hour last week. I just busted out the controller and put on some Mike Tysons punch out. Man, that brought back memories.

“Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!”

Mike should go into UFC...that I would watch..
                              Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

Comment

Working...
                              X