1999 Acura TL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Acura TL

I used a Metra kit and cut up the useless stock cd holder and used bonda/glazing to flush everything. Under the screen is my radio. Its an Alpine, its off so its face is folded in.

you are probably using the same paint as i do, metallic textual paint KRY101. U should used flat black paint to match your rest of the oem look
    2006 Camry
    Compaq Laptop
    Holux GPS Iguidance 3.0
    7" Xenarc Touch Screen
    Carnetix 1900 Power Supplied, Wireless b/g

Comment

Ive used flat black in many of my projects and it always looked like crap. flat black isnt a great "finish" paint IMO. so i was thinking of painting the rest of my console the same metallic black.

Comment

Originally posted by bluehcc View Post
        you are probably using the same paint as i do, metallic textual paint KRY101. U should used flat black paint to match your rest of the oem look
        Umm, try a semi-gloss or satin finish, which are both widely available (which means HD, Lowe's, or Wally World)...there's not much in a car interior that's truly "flat" with the exception of rubber trim.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by parksgm View Post
          Umm, try a semi-gloss or satin finish, which are both widely available (which means HD, Lowe's, or Wally World)...there's not much in a car interior that's truly "flat" with the exception of rubber trim.
          i tried those already, many many times. not a big fan of those finishes. i guess because ive used them so many times before. i came to find out that when i used this metalic finish, it kinda hides the inperfections. thats why i like it.

Comment

You have any working progress pictures? I have a 02 TL and I'll be doing the same thing...moving the HU down to the ashtray area...I would like to know how you cut the piece and how you mount/secure the HU

BTW....looks very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by iselfdevi View Post
              i tried those already, many many times. not a big fan of those finishes. i guess because ive used them so many times before. i came to find out that when i used this metalic finish, it kinda hides the inperfections. thats why i like it.
              use flat black like you normaly would. Then for your last coat, mist the flat black from 2 feet away. You'll get a percet OEM look.
              Installed
              Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
              512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
              Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
              [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Working...
              X