2004 Grand Prix GTP Simple Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Grand Prix GTP Simple Install

After selling my 2000 Malibu LS and ripping out the Carputer, I have reused some parts, and made a new install in my Grand Prix GTP.

Via EPAI M10000, OPUS 120W DC-DC Power Supply. All using motherboard posts to hold components to the back of that pull out door.

More...

hmm, if i were you i'd try to get that fan on the other side

could get knocked off/broken off, and would look (in my opinion) a lot better if that chunky fan wasnt stickin off that panel :P

Comment

I like.....where do you plan to place the screen?

Motherboard: Epox MATX
      Power: M2-ATX
      Storage: 120gb 3.5"
      Optical: Slim Slot cdrw/dvd
      Audio: SB Audigy 2
      GPS: BU-353 & iGuidance 4
      Frontend: Roadrunner (DFX 3 & 4)

Comment

I attempted to put many sizes of fan on the inside, but it would not fit in any situation. I don't use the trunk much at all. Everything is bolted to that plate. I know it's not the best, but it sucks out enough air.

The screen and such are near the driver (of course) lol. I have the screen setup like the Malibu, just carefully bolted to the dash, so the screen can be removed if necessary.

I'll post more photos soon of the interior.

Comment

by the way it looks that fan is basically on the underside of the mobo. it doesnt seem like it would be that effective. why dont you try mounting the mobo inside the cubby hole instead of on the door. mount your hdd, psu and fan onto the door
          [::::::::::] 100% - Planning
          [::::::::::] 80% - Computer
          [::::::::::] 0% - Fabbing
          CarPC:
          SP13000 / 120GB SATA 2.5" / 512MB DDR
          8" Innovatek TS / Globalsat BU-353 / Engenius EUB-362 EXT
          Slot load DVDRW / PS3 Wireless Keyboard

Comment

thats what i was thinking, not sure why i didnt post it, but whatever

even if you dont use the trunk now, you will for something one day.., friend needs help, road trip..

never say you wont use it, because only that much sooner will you need it, lol

Comment

Working...
            X