BMW 325ci Cabrio (E46) install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW 325ci Cabrio (E46) install

I finally finished my carputer in my E46 325 Ci cambrio.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1398_resize.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	2299531

All items were bought from mp3car store:

-Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor with touchscreen and video inputs
    -E46 Double-DIN Stereo/LCD Bezel
    -Carnetix CNX-P1900 Ver. 2.2 Dual Output 140 Watt 12V DC-DC Regulator with third output for usb hubs CNX-P5V +5v/15 watt regulator.
    -Aopen Pandora MiniPC MP945-VX Multi
    -Aopen MiniPC plug-and play Power Button Cable Kit for P1900
    -3 mini usb hubs
    -Holux GPSlim 236 for GPS
    -Benq keyboard and mouse set
    -Ibus interface
    -OBDII interface

Name:	HPIM1396_resize.JPG
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	2299529

Name:	HPIM1397_resize.JPG
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	2299530

After removing the plastics and the bmw original player the car look like this:

Name:	HPIM1400_resize.JPG
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	2299532

Behind the head unit we can place the ibus interface which is connected to a powered hub underneath

Name:	HPIM1401_resize.JPG
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	2299533
    325 Ci Cabrio
    email: gkapog@hotmail.com

I added a usb hub in the ashtray:

Name:	HPIM1402_resize.JPG
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	2259145

I got the power for the Carnetix CNX-P1900 from the front right side (ovet the right weel):

Name:	HPIM1403_resize.JPG
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	2259141

Dimitris Balomenos the owner of the place (Sound Perfection Keiriadon 101, Petralona, Athens) where I did the installation (with my instructions of course). He is trying to put the power supply...

Name:	HPIM1404_resize.JPG
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	2259142

The power supply under the hood...

Name:	HPIM1405_resize.JPG
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	2259143

Trying to connect the wires of Carnetix CNX-P1900. What a mess This is under the glove where we finally put the CNX-P1900.

Name:	HPIM1408_resize.JPG
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	2259144
    325 Ci Cabrio

Comment

We got all the cables inside the glove where the aopen will be put:

Name:	HPIM1410_resize.JPG
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	2259146

In the rear we have another usb hub connecting to GPS. We used a special 5 meter usb cable with repeater:

Name:	HPIM1411_resize.JPG
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	2259147

The usb will be connected with the original BMW Navi aerial (cable on top):

Name:	HPIM1412_resize.jpg
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	2259149

Finally The Aopen inside the glove. Remember to conect the plug-and play Power Button Cable Kit for P1900 to JP3 of Carnetix CNX-P1900 Ver. 2.

Name:	HPIM1413_resize.JPG
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	2259148

Xenarc in the right place. Well it did not fit well needed to push a little...

Name:	HPIM1415_resize.JPG
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	2259150
      325 Ci Cabrio

Comment

a professional install shop wires like that? no soldering and no heatshrink? is it just me, or does that wiring job look terrible?? Nice car tho..

Comment

The first boot. Everything was working perfect...

Name:	HPIM1416_resize.JPG
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	2259151

I use fodoplayer...

Name:	HPIM1417_resize.JPG
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	2259152

The guy who did all the wiring for me under my instructions...Dimitris Balomenos the owner of the place (Sound Perfection Keiriadon 101, Petralona, Athens).

Name:	HPIM1418_resize.JPG
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	2259153

Finally me George Kapogiannopoulos, another happy BMW owner ready to ride...

Name:	HPIM1419_resize.JPG
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	2259154

Thank you guys for all the posts in www.mp3car.com forum. I also like to thank the guys in the mp3car shop, and finally Dimitri Balomeno for his fine job.
          325 Ci Cabrio

Comment

Originally posted by CJ8501 View Post
            a professional install shop wires like that? no soldering and no heatshrink? is it just me, or does that wiring job look terrible?? Nice car tho..
            the pictures showing the wires are not in the final stage. Soldering was done only to a connector to ibus and a connector to control the power button of Aopen. Heatshrink was not used at all. I do not know if it is needed anywhere or i am wrong???
            325 Ci Cabrio

Comment

From what I have read good wiring is extremely important. If not done right can cause fires and other problems. Just using electrical tape isn't suggested.

That's information I have gathered from Red's posts

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80023
              -------
              I'm hungry

Comment

You need to put that plastic double din cage that goes behind the screen (the one that the head unit was sitting in when you took it out). Without it, the bezel (as you can see from the pics) sits back to far and is not flush with the dash. That recess that you see is because the bezel was designed to sit on top of that plastic case.

When i installed my carputer, i first had it like yours, but then i realized that the pics on SrCsTc's website looked more flush...well, that's why. You will have to mod that plastic piece though in order to allow the screen to fit in the dash. Just cut out the middle shelf and make it so that it's just a square opening....it's just the ears that the bezel attaches to along with the bottom support piece that will help it sit flush.

Other than that, i would reinsert the ashtray and mod it to make the usb hub fit in it....by the looks of it, it should fit snuggly with some drilling to accomodate the wire comming out of it.
                PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                - Alpine W200/H701
                - ED Nine.2X
                - OZ Matrix Elites
                - ED Nine.1
                - Idmax 12's

Comment

Yes you are right... At first i thought that bezzel just fits in but I rememebered seen it in the forums that needs original 2din too.
                  Anyway I must paint the bezzel because had small dropouts on it...
                  Thanks
                  325 Ci Cabrio

Comment

For those who like to connect the GPS antenna of the BMW Navi with gps receivers like holux can find the cable in the following links:

CABLE RG74 MT 0.20 SMB-M / MMCX-M (german shop)

GPS antenna connector adaptor cable (canadian shop)
                    325 Ci Cabrio

Comment

nice malaka

Comment

The cable to connect gps holux236 must be SMB female/ MMCX Male.
                        I added the avertv analog digital +fm usb tuner with a small usb cable in th asstray hub. I connected the internal antenna with the avertv through the asstray with a fakra to iso cable connected to the original avertv cable.

Name:	DSCN0841_resize.jpg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	2260267

I painted again the bezel and i mod it to the plastic peace the original radio was on.

Name:	DSCN0847_resize.JPG
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	2260269

The frodoplayer is great!!!!
                        Unfortunately the RR which support avertv does not run correct to my aopen...
                        325 Ci Cabrio

Comment

Nice install. Nice car also

The remarks about the wiring are not really true. In my opinion (I'm an electrician) the power of heatshrink is terrebly overrated. It looks nicer and more proffessional but if it's safer then electrical tape thats been applied correctly I doubt. And the soldering I would only do when wires are connected to important OEM wires (as you did with the Ibus) for others I would use appropiate connectors (the red, blue and yellow ones you can shrink with pliers). And yes, bad wiring can cause fires but wires that are messy under the glove box can't when they are connected and fused properly. So,..

I like your install and don't bother about the bad responce about the wiring.
                          BMW 525tds -Biostar I94GM-I4 -Celeron M44O 1,86GHz, M2-ATX, 1Gb, 320GB -HQCT RDS tuner -Creative Extigy -iBus controller -Lilliput 7" touchscreen -DLS Ultimate A7 amplifier -Focal 130K, 130V, 27V2 speakers

Bezel Worklog-My Install -iDrive F01 RR Skin

Comment

Working...
                          X